Auto Buying Service & Car Buying Advice
Complete a vehicle purchase order form to get actual pricing by email to take directly to the dealer.
The Union Plus New Auto Buying Service:
- Get up-front pricing from dealers in your area in three minutes online and use the no-hassle Union Plus program through TrueCar by clicking in the box below.
- $100 rebate on purchases of new union-made cars.
- $200 rebate for purchases of new union-made, EPA Green Cars.
- Check out two Used Car Buying Services Hertz Rent2Buy and Enterprise Car Sales - with special union member savings.
- Unique union member advocate program for special customer service.
No hassle car buying service helps you save time and money when buying a new car or truck
Buying or leasing a car or truck doesn't have to be a hassle. Union members can receive information on what others paid and a target price for new cars and trucks without having to negotiate with the dealer.
Use the Union Plus Auto Buying Service, administered by TrueCar, a leading auto purchasing provider, to help you find the right new or used car or truck for you and your family.
How the program works
The program helps members save by using target pricing and providing information on what others paid for new vehicles at dealers all across the country to give you confidence that you are receiving a fair price for your vehicle.
- Log into the Union Plus TrueCar website using the link in the green box above and select the vehicle and options you want.
- The website will then show you your Estimated Price and Estimated Savings*.
- Enter your contact information (name, address, phone, email) and you will be presented with up to 3 available dealers in your area and the distance to the dealership based on your zip code. There is no cost and no obligation and no one will contact you until you request a Member Savings Certicate.
- At this point, you can choose to see personalized pricing and dealer contact information by requesting a Member Savings Certificate for each of the dealers you selected be emailed to you.
- Your Member Savings Certificate(s) has your Estimated Price, Estimated Savings and Minimum Member Savings Guarantee**. The savings guarantee represents the minimum amount of money you will save. Almost everyone saves more. (In certain states, you will receive a Target Price and the dealer will provide the vehicle's price when you contact the dealership.)
- Print and take your certificate into the dealership for a hassle-free car buying experience.
- If you purchase a new, qualifying union-assembled vehicle, you will receive a check for $100 within 6 to 8 weeks after purchase. You will receive a $200 rebate if you purchase a qualifying new, union-made EPA Green Car. (The rebates come from Union Plus and not from the dealer)
While the program can provide an excellent value for a vast majority of union members, it may not provide the lowest price for those union members who want to take the time to haggle from dealer to dealer. Also, some vehicles are in such demand they command premium pricing. However, even for buyers who make car buying a sport, the program can provide an excellent price point to start from and in-depth price reports are available to help you make a smart car buying decision.
*$2,503 Average Savings represents the average amount of savings off of MSRP presented to Members by Certified Dealers based on Member-configured new vehicles between 10/31/11 and 12/31/11. Your actual savings may vary based on multiple factors including the vehicle you select, region, dealer, and applicable manufacturer incentives. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (“MSRP”) is determined by the manufacturer, and may not reflect the price at which vehicles are generally sold in the dealer’s trade area as not all vehicles are sold at MSRP. Each dealer sets its own pricing. Your actual purchase price is negotiated between you and the dealer.
**Estimated Price and Savings currently not available in AR, CO, KS, LA, MD, NE, OK, OR, TX, VA and WA. In these states a “Target Price” is presented, which is not an advertised price, but an example of what you can reasonably expect to pay.
Car buying tips
The Union Plus Auto Buying Service is available in the Unites States. This car buying service is not available in Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands.
Who is eligible?
- Dues-paying labor union members of participating unions
- Retired union members
- Spouse, domestic partner and children of union members
- Widows/widowers of union members
- Union Plus credit cardholders
We realize that sometimes you may need help with a concern about using a Union Plus program. The Union Plus Member Advocacy Program, staffed by OPEIU Local 2 members, is here to help you resolve any problems. Contact us at 1-800-472-2005 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET, weekdays) or online at UnionPlus.org/Customer.
Car Buying Service Features
- Save an average of $2,503 off MSRP* on new cars and trucks.
- See what others really paid for the car you want and get a price plus a Minimum Savings Guarantee** before you even talk to the dealer.
- Additional $100 rebate for purchases of new union assembled vehicles.
- $200 rebate for purchases of union-made, EPA Green Cars.
- Discounts may not be available for certain models.