Union Plus

Union Plus is brought to you by Union Privilege, established by the AFL-CIO to provide consumer benefits to members and retirees of participating labor unions. Learn More
Don't miss out on valuable offers! Learn about all your eligible benefits by providing your union information Never Show Again Close
Union Plus
Union Benefits Locator

Tell us who you are

Select Your Union

Select Your Occupation

You know about your union's collective bargaining power. We use the same collective negotiating strength of more than 13 million union members to negotiate solid values for consumer programs available from nationally known providers.

  • print
  • text size +

Where is Rosie the Riveter?

May 24, 2012 | Category: Union Issues | 0 comments |
200x150where-is-rosie

Where’s Rosie the Riveter?  This summer let’s celebrate the role of labor unions in America by taking our union membership and Rosie the Riveter with us on vacation.  After all, we wouldn’t be enjoying paid vacations without unions!

Read more

Get off the sidelines and get started says IBEW member

May 23, 2012 | Category: Union Member Stories | 0 comments |
Ibew-nlc-scholarship-winner-may2012

Alejandro “Alex” Garcia, an electrician and a member of IBEW Local 357, doesn’t need to pick up the newspaper or watch the nightly news to learn about the impact of the nation’s recession.

With unemployment hovering just under 13 percent in Nevada, Alex found himself part of that dreaded statistic. After the initial sting of being laid off, he set out to finish what he started years before: earning his degree in Business Administration at National Labor College.

Read more

Summer travel tips

May 22, 2012 | Category: Consumer Tips | 0 comments |
Summer-travel-tips

It’s time to plan your hard-earned summer vacation! Try these Union Plus tips for saving money and reducing travel-related stress … then enjoy every mile and every minute of your holiday!

Read more

IUEC member learns why all mortgages are not alike

May 18, 2012 | Category: Union Member Stories | 0 comments |
Iuec-mortgage-assistance

Jason Collin of Tinley Park, IL, International Union of Elevator Constructors (IUEC) Local 2, went union all the way when he started his career. Like his father, first he joined the IUEC. Then when it was time to buy a house, Collin chose a Union Plus Mortgage--the only one with financial protection for union families.

Read more

How to avoid extra fees at car rental counters

May 16, 2012 | Category: Consumer Tips | 0 comments |
Car-rental-fees

Car rental companies often offer travelers a wide range of vehicle models.  What most customers don’t need are a lot of the extra, pricey services or the unexpected gotchas that appear on your bill when you bring back the vehicle.

Read more

An all union vacation? You can do it if you try!

May 14, 2012 | Category: Union Issues | 0 comments |
Winter-getaways

Planning a family vacation this summer? Make it union! Wherever you go for summer vacation, your family is likely to enjoy the services of union members -- getting you to your destination safely, on time and comfortably; preparing and delivering food; keeping you safe and entertaining you.

Read more

Win 1 of 4 week-long car rentals

May 9, 2012 | Category: Deals & Discounts | 0 comments |
Car-rental-contest-320x200

Summer’s almost here, which means it’s time to plan that family vacation. Union Plus may be able to make your job a little easier — and more rewarding, too!

Read more

CWA family saves $2,300 with Union Plus Auto Insurance

May 7, 2012 | Category: Union Member Stories | 0 comments |
Cwa-auto-insurance

Before David Scott switched to Union Plus Auto Insurance, he was shocked by his skyrocketing insurance bill. With teenage drivers, Scott saw his premiums spike even though he increased his deductible. Then Scott—a  15-year CWA Local 4320 member from Newark, OH--went online and turned his Union Plus benefits into big auto insurance savings. 

Read more

How much insurance do you need?

May 5, 2012 | Category: Consumer Tips | 0 comments |
Insurance-protection2

Did you know that ownership of life insurance has dropped dramatically over the past couple decades? And those people who have life insurance usually don’t have enough? According to J.D. Power and Associates, studies show that 40 percent of adult Americans have no life insurance, and over 50 million Americans lack adequate life insurance.  

Read more

Compare your pay with a CEO’s

May 4, 2012 | Category: Union Issues | 0 comments |
Executive-paywatch

The ratio of CEO-to-worker pay widened to 380 times in 2011 from 343 times in 2010.  This means today’s average CEO makes 380 times more than the average worker.  It’s just one more indicator of how disconnected the top 1% is from the remaining 99%.

Read more

Explore Union Plus