Moving? Don’t forget your mail!
Don’t forget that union members and their families can receive:
- exclusive discounts on professional movers,
- Budget truck rentals,
- moving boxes,
- real estate savings
- and a unique Union Plus Mortgage with a $500 gift card and hardship protection.
Before you move, here is a list of resources from USA.gov to make the change of address process a little easier:
- Office Postal Service Change of Address – To help you keep track of your mail, the U.S. Postal Service will forward your mail to your new address up to a year for a small fee. Simply fill out the Change of Address (COA) online form about a month before you move to guarantee you don’t miss any mail.
- Find a local Post Office to drop off your COA form – If you prefer to change your address in person, you may fill out a change of address form at a local post office. Click through to locate a post office near you.
- Change your address with the Internal Revenue Service – If you are expecting any correspondence with the IRS (such as a refund), you can notify them of your change of address in many ways. To change your address with the IRS, you may complete a Form 8822 (PDF), Change of Address, a Form 8822-B (PDF), Change of Address — Business and send them to the address shown on the forms. You may download Form 8822 and Form 8822–B from www.irs.gov or order them by calling 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676).
- Change your address to Social Security – To receive the proper instructions on changing your address with Social Security based upon your needs, use the U.S. Social Security Administration’s questionnaire as a guide. If you don’t receive benefits, you may also contact Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).
- Driver's License – Use USA.gov’s state listing to register your new address on your driver’s license or motor vehicle registration.
- Change your state voter’s registration – Use the Election Assistance Commission’s interactive map to register your new address on your voter registration.
Ready to move? Union members can request an estimate from either Allied Van Lines or North American Van lines to receive moving discounts on interstate moving, packing and in-transit storage, personal property protection, and a $150 per diem if the interstate move delivery is missed due to no fault of the member*
Allied Van Lines: Call 1-888-642-6814 or go online
North American Van Lines: Call 1-888-813-9595 or go online
When you call, reference your Union Plus discount.
*Per diem is only paid on shipments weighing 3,500 lbs or more for Allied Van Lines and 5,000 lbs or more for North American Van Lines