Shopping for a new pet-friendly car?
As your resource for researching new car pricing, trends, and forecasting, TrueCar, the administrator of the Union Plus Auto Buying Program, is working to help new-car shoppers find a great buy on their perfect vehicle. To help with that search, each week we share five of the very best car prices we can find to help you find the best deal on your next new car. This week, weâ€™ve consulted our big book of interesting data to find the best deals available on the top five cars preferred by people who own pets.
Regardless of whether your animals range from small to large, from cute little pocket pets to giant canines that look more like small horses, this weekâ€™s deals offer something for every pet ownerâ€™s needs, with potential savings ranging from a meager 1.5% to a much more generous 13.1%. Market average pricing on these new cars demonstrates a range of discounts equaling up to as much as $3,817 off the Manufacturerâ€™s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of these five cars popular with pet owners. (Rankings are based on 2011 Strategic Vision Data received from people with pets about the cars they drive.)
1) The first car on the list of pet ownersâ€™ favorites is the Ford Escape, with a TrueCar national market average of $19,344; thatâ€™s 13.1â€” or up to $2,921 â€” less than the $22,265 MSRP of the Fordâ€™s popular sport/utility vehicle.
2) In second place, the TrueCar national market average of the Ford F-150 is $27,983; thatâ€™s a potential savings of $3,817 percent â€” or up to 12% â€” less than the $31,800 MSRP of Fordâ€™s dependable full-size truck.
3) The third vehicle on this weekâ€™s list of great deals is Toyotaâ€™s little Corolla, with a national market average of $18,416; offering a potential savings of 5.9 percent â€” or up to $1,164 â€” less than the already affordable $19,590 MSRP for Toyotaâ€™s small car.
4) Rounding off the list is the Toyota RAV-4 with a national market average price of $22,147 and a potential discount of 5.6 percent or $1,313 off the $23,460 MSRP of Toyotaâ€™s midsize SUV.
5) Finally, this weekâ€™s collection of deals also includes the Toyota Camry, carrying a national market average price of $22,704. Thatâ€™s a comfortable 5.3 percent discount, or up to $1,276 off the MSRP of $23,980 of Toyotaâ€™s midsize sedan.
TrueCarâ€™s Steals on Wheels: July 4 to 10, 2012 â€“ Pet Friendly Edition
|Make Model Trim||Segment||MSRP||Market Average*||$ Savings||% Savings**||City / Hwy /Comb MPG|
|2012 Ford Escape FWD 4dr XLS||Small SUV||$22,265||$19,344||$2,921||13.1%||23 / 28 /25.5|
|2012 Ford F-150 2WD SuperCab 145â€³ XLT||Large Truck||$31,800||$27,983||$3,817||12.0%||17 / 23 /19.8|
|2012 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan Auto S||Small Car||$19,580||$18,416||$1,164||5.9%||26 / 34 /29.9|
|2012 Toyota RAV4 FWD 4dr I4||Midsize SUV||$23,460||$22,147||$1,313||5.6%||22 / 28 /24.9|
|2012 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan I4 Auto SE||Midsize Car||$23,980||$22,704||$1,276||5.3%||25 / 35 /29.7|
|*Market Average is estimated based on the national average of recent vehicle transactions, including destination and delivery charges after incentives that are subject to change, but does not include tax, title, licensing, documentation or processing fees, other state and governmental charges and/or fees, or any other charges or fees allowed by law. **Percent Discount is rounded to the nearest tenth.|
Last weekâ€™s edition of â€œSteals on Wheelsâ€ provided the best offers on vehicles popular around the Fourth of July, so if you had your eye on one of those vehicles, keep on shopping, as many of those deals may still be available in the upcoming week at a TrueCar Certified Dealership near you.
Ready To Go Shopping for a New Car?
Our weekly â€œSteals on Wheelsâ€ feature demonstrates potential savings on new cars based on the possible discount from the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Keep in mind, each weekâ€™s â€œSteals on Wheelsâ€ choices may include potential savings from such special offers as manufacturerâ€™s rebates, cash incentives, or special leasing offers, which helps place them among the greatest opportunities for savings for new car shoppers over the upcoming weekend. As always, here are some really important things to keep in mind, such as:
- Incentives and leasing programs are subject to change and should be confirmed with your dealer.
- Deals are limited to inventory on hand. Through the Union Plus Auto Buying Program, your Program Certified Dealer must confirm that actual inventory, including your preferred options and colors, is in stock.
- â€œMarket Averageâ€ is based on the national average of recent vehicle transactions, including destination and delivery charges after incentives that are subject to change, but does not include tax, title, licensing, documentation or processing fees, other state and governmental charges and/or fees, or any other charges or fees allowed by law. This is a national average, so you might find better pricing based on sales in your local area with the Union Plus Auto Buying Program. Be sure to visit the program page to view local pricing on any car and to be connected with your local Program Certified Dealer who will provide you pricing information for the vehicle you are researching.
Happy car shopping!