Don't be afraid of the gym!
Walking into a gym for the first time can be scary. Many first-timers feel like a 'double out' – out-of-shape and out-of-place. So how did all the current gym members overcome those concerns? And how can you do it too? Let's look at the most common fears that keep people out of the gym:
- Think that everyone else will be in great shape? It's not true! Most gym members have been in that same situation, and some still are. There are lots of different body shapes in gyms.
- Want to 'wait until you lose weight' before you join? Then you have your cart before your horse! People join a gym because they want to feel better and get healthier – and that includes losing weight. Joining the gym will help you get (and stay!) motivated to reach your goals.
- Confused by the machines? Join a gym that includes one free training or orientation session for new members, and let that get you started. Or hire a personal trainer for three sessions to have a professional show you the ropes.
- Scared of group classes? Go with a friend a few times until you feel comfortable going by yourself. Also, some gyms schedule periodic 'intro' classes where newcomers can learn the basics; ask the gym's staff if any of their classes have these orientations.
When you're ready to take the leap, you’ll get union member savings with the Union Plus Health Club Discounts through GlobalFit. The Union Plus program gives union members the guaranteed lowest rates at gyms, including 24 Hour Fitness, Bally, Curves, Anytime Fitness, New York Sports Club, and thousands of local favorites.†
To find a participating network gym near you, visit the Union Plus GlobalFit site at www.globalfit.com/unionplus. Or call 1-800-294-1500 and ask about any special offers for even greater savings!*
* Some restrictions apply. See www.globalfit.com/unionplus for complete details.
† GlobalFit offers the lowest rates – guaranteed! For details, visit www.globalfit.com/members/lpg.asp or call 800-294-1500.
GlobalFit is a registered trademark of Global Affiliates, Inc. Always consult your doctor before beginning any exercise or nutrition program.