Hurricane Irene Disaster Relief
Updated September 14, 2011
Union members living in areas impacted by Hurricane Irene, who participate in Union Plus programs may be eligible for financial assistance.
Union Plus Disaster Relief Grants of $500 are available to help participants in the Union Plus Credit Card, Insurance or Mortgage programs who are facing financial hardship due to the recent severe weather. The money does not have to be repaid.
To qualify for a Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant, the union member must:
- Have been a victim of the severe weather in counties designated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as qualifying for individual assistance. (See the list below and check back as updates will be occuring in the coming days and weeks)
- Have experienced a significant loss of income or property within the last six months due to the disaster.
- Have had a Union Plus Credit Card, Union Plus Insurance policy or Union Plus Mortgage for at least 12 months with the account or policy in good standing (be up-to-date on payments).
- Describe his or her circumstances and document the income or property loss.
To apply for a disaster relief grant, union members who participate in any of the following programs can call:
- Union Plus Credit Card: 1-877-761-5028
- Union Plus Mortgage: 1-800-472-2005
- Union Plus Insurance: 1-800-472-2005
Union Plus Mortgage holders may also be eligible to receive payment extensions or other special help.
FEMA-Designated Counties Qualifying for Individual Assistance
Click on the appropriate state and storm date in order to view the list of qualifying counties. Check the FEMA website for continuing updates.
Connecticut: August 27 - September 1, 2011
Massachussetts: August 27 - August 29, 2011
New Hampshire: August 26, 2011 - September 6, 2011
New Jersey: August 27, 2011 - September 5, 2011
New York: August 26, 2011 - September 5, 2011
North Carolina: August 25, 2011 - September 1, 2011
Pennsylvania: August 26, 2011 - August 30, 2011
Puerto Rico: August 21, 2011 - August 24, 2011
Vermont: August 29, 2011 - September 2, 2011
Rhode Island: August 27 - August 29, 2011
If you were impacted by the Texas wildfires or Tropical Storm Lee, click here to find out if you are eligible for assistance.