New and improved Union Plus Credit Cards introduced
The Union Plus Credit Card program now offers union members two new card choices and access to improved assistance benefits for eligible cardholders when times get tough.
Two new card options are available:
- A cash rewards card that earns unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase with no confusing rules or complicated rewards structures. This card is great for those who want to earn cash rewards every time they make a purchase.
- A low intro APR card that offers a low intro APR for 15 months and is a good choice for those who want to transfer higher-rate balances and save on interest.
Regardless of which card is chosen, after just three months, eligible cardholders will also have access to improved assistance grants, including:
- Job Loss Grants of $300 aid eligible cardholders who have recently been laid off.
- Strike Grants of $300 provide assistance to eligible cardholders who are on a union sanctioned strike or experiencing a lockout.
- Disability Grants of $1,600 to $2,700 help eligible cardholders who have lost significant income due to a long-term illness or disability.
- Hospital Grants of $1,200 aid eligible cardholders with large, unreimbursed hospital expenses.
All approved grants are paid to the cardholder by check — and they never have to be paid back.
In addition to these new and improved features, both cards continue to offer benefits like U.S.-based customer service and $0 fraud liability protection if the card is lost or stolen.
The Union Plus Credit Cards are issued by Capital One, a U.S.-based bank, and endorsed by the AFL-CIO.
The verdict: A smart choice gets smarter
Union Plus Credit Cards stand out with their competitive rates, low intro APR and improved assistance benefits. With these enhancements, the card that was already a good choice for union members becomes, perhaps, a great one.
To apply for the new and improved Union Plus Credit Cards, call 1-800-522-4000 or visit UnionCardApply.com.