Assistance for union members impacted by the Oklahoma tornado
Union members living in areas impacted by the tornado that struck the Oklahoma City area and who participate in Union Plus programs may be eligible for financial assistance.
Union Plus Disaster Relief Grants of $500 are available to help participants in the Union Plus Credit Card, Insurance or Mortgage programs who are facing financial hardship due to this devastating natural disaster. The money does not have to be repaid.
To qualify for a Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant, a union member must:
- Have been a victim of the severe weather in counties designated by FEMA as qualifying for individual assistance.
- Have experienced a significant loss of income or property within the last six months due to the disaster.
- Have had a Union Plus Credit Card, Union Plus Insurance policy or Union Plus Mortgage for at least 12 months with the account or policy in good standing (be up-to-date on payments).
- Describe his or her circumstances and document the income or property loss.
To apply for a disaster relief grant, union members who participate in any of the following programs can call:
- Union Plus Credit Card: 1-877-761-5028
- Union Plus Mortgage: 1-800-472-2005
- Union Plus Insurance: 1-800-472-2005
Union Plus Mortgage and Credit Card holders may also be eligible to receive payment extensions or other special help.
The Union Plus Disaster Relief Fund has provided more than $780,000 in assistance to union members facing hardships following Hurricanes Sandy and Katrina, floods, wild fires and other natural disasters.
Not impacted by the storm but want to help? You can donate to the Red Cross by texting "REDCROSS" to 90999 which will send a $10 donation. You can also donate $10 to the Salvation Army, who will be setting up mobile feeding units, by texting "STORM" to 80888.
And the United Way of Central Oklahoma has activated its disaster relief fund. Information on the fund can be found at www.unitedwayokc.org. Donations may be made through their website or by mail to United Way of Central Oklahoma, P.O. Box 837, Oklahoma City, OK 73101, with notation for May Tornado Relief.