Union critical care nurse buys first home with Union Plus help
You won't find mismatched pots and pans, unfurnished rooms, or chipped tiles in the home of Andrew Adecer, a member of Health Professionals and Allied Employees (HPAE), Local 5004. A self-described perfectionist, Adecer, 29, not only found his dream home, he also discovered the ideal way to finance it -- through the Union Plus Mortgage program.
"I'm a methodical person, and I like to do what I can to make sure things go perfectly," says Adecer, a critical care nurse from Hacksansack, New Jersey. "I heard stories about how stressful buying a home could be, so I made a point of doing what I could to make it easier. I moved in with my parents for a while, so I could save for a good down payment, and I found a mortgage specifically designed for union members. I'm thankful to the Union Plus Mortgage program for making my life dreams come true."
The Union Plus Mortgage program with financing provided by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, is packed with unique benefits created to meet the needs of union families. Union Plus Mortgage program has provided over $43.6 billion in mortgages to help more than 200,000 union members buy or refinance a home. Union members who are first-time buyers have the opportunity to receive a $500 First-Time Home Award.
Union Plus Mortgage program benefits are available to all retired and active union members, their parents and children who want to buy or refinance a home. Some of the benefits of the Union Plus Mortgage program include:
- Hardship Assistance -- Union Plus Mortgage Assistance helps members and their families who are unemployed, recently disabled, on strike or locked out make their mortgage payments with interest-free loans and grants. Union Plus Mortgage Assistance has provided almost $10 million to help members keep their loans current and stay in their homes.
- Award Card â€" Union members and their families may receive a $500 My Mortgage Gift awardSM card from Wells Fargo Home Mortgage after closing on a purchase or refinance loan.*
- Incentive for First-Time Home Buyers --Union members who are first-time buyers, like Adecer, can apply for a $500 First-Time Home Award from Union Plus. To apply, active and retired union members who used Union Plus Mortgage program to purchase their first home simply fill out an application and provide a short, written description of their Union Plus Mortgage experience and why home ownership matters.
The mortgage assistance during a strike or lock-out was especially important to Adecer, who explains: "I've been on strike before, so I know how important it is to have help in that difficult situation. When you're a member of a union you know there are times you might have to take a stand and go on strike, but it's so much easier when you know your union has your back. Union Plus Mortgage benefits give you a lot of security."
Though the union protections and the ease of the process sold Adecer on the Union Plus Mortgage program, he also appreciated the opportunity to receive a "$500 First-Time Home Buyer Award": "I didn't want to move into my house until everything was perfect, so when I got the check in the mail I was really pleased. The extra money will go to buying small appliances and other things that I've had my eye on."
A kitchen full of gadgets will no doubt come in handy to the gregarious Adecer, who looks forward to entertaining friends and family in his home, which is nestled in a newly developed neighborhood.
For more information about the Union Plus Mortgage, please visit www.UnionPlus.org/Mortgage, or call 1-800-848-6466, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. (CST) and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (CST).
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is a division of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. NMLSR ID 399801.
1 Borrowers are eligible to receive the My Mortgage GiftSM promotion, consisting of a Performance Plus Award MasterCardÂ® issued by The Bancorp Bank, Wilmington, Delaware in the amount of $500.00, after closing on any new purchase or refinance loan secured by a first mortgage or deed of trust with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage ("New Loan"), subject to qualification, approval and closing. The My Mortgage GiftSM promotion is not available with any Wells Fargo Three-Step Refinance SYSTEMÂ® program, The Relocation Mortgage ProgramSM or the HOME program.
The My Mortgage GiftSM promotion cannot be redeemed with any other promotion, discount, or rebate. Only one award permitted per New Loan. This promotion is void where prohibited and is transferable, subject to the terms therein. My Mortgage GiftSM promotion is subject to change or cancellation with no prior notice. Gifts may constitute taxable income. Federal, state and local taxes, and any use of the gift not otherwise specified herein are the sole responsibility of the My Mortgage GiftSM recipient.
- Your My Mortgage GiftSM award is valid for 365 days after its receipt and then will expire.
- The My Mortgage GiftSM promotion is administered by ITAGroupÂ®, which is not affiliated with Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- The Performance Plus Award MasterCardÂ® and its use are subject to the terms and conditions that will be included could be included in the mailing with the card. If you would like to review the card holder agreement visit http://www.performanceplusaward.com/cardholderagreement.pdf.
- By participating in the My Mortgage GiftSM program, gift recipients agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless your lender, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, and employees, from any liability, claims, or damages arising out of the recipient's acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any gift.