Why Choose AT&T Over CREDO Mobile
Since CREDO Mobile has launched advertising campaigns attacking AT&T, many union activists have raised questions about why we offer union member discounts on wireless service with AT&T instead of CREDO.
3 reasons to choose AT&T:
- AT&T is the one and only nationwide unionized wireless carrier, with some 45,000 members of the Communications Workers of America (CWA) working as technicians, customers service representatives and retail store personnel. And union members receive a 15% Union Plus discount off regular AT&T wireless plans.
- AT&T remains neutral during organizing campaigns
- CWA President Larry Cohen says, "For progressives who care about workers' rights, AT&T is the clear choice for wireless service."
3 reasons why CREDO isn't all it claims to be:
While CREDO does promote itself as the politically progressive alternative for wireless service, you should be aware that:
- CREDO is a non-union company that repackages and resells Sprint wireless service -- a non-union competitor of AT&T.
- According to CWA, Sprint aggressively opposes union organizing and has a long record of outsourcing significant parts of the work it performs, which have lead to lower pay and worse benefits for its workers.
- CREDO does not financially support any workers' rights or labor organizations.
Who deserves our support?
Now more than ever we need to stand together, support decent jobs, and support union companies that respect workers' rights. With the nation's largest wireless provider, Verizon Wireless, also being non-union and have resisted employees' efforts to organize a union; AT&T is the one and only nationwide unionized wireless service provider and offers a 15% discount for union members.
You're not likely to find a big company that doesn't donate to candidates that labor opposes. AT&T's donation history, according to Fast Company, is "roughly split down the middle between Republicans and Democrats."
That's why as CWA's President Cohen says, "For progressives who care about workers' rights, AT&T is the clear choice for wireless service."
iWon't Upgrade Campaign
CWA, IBEW and the AFL-CIO, joined by MoveOn.org, US Action and Jobs with Justice, recently launched iWon't, a campaign asking Americans to delay upgrading to the iPhone 4s on Verizon Wireless until the company agrees to a fair contract with its workers. Learn more here.