Union Plus National Labor College Scholarship
The Union Plus NLC Scholarship Difference:
- $25,000 in scholarships each year for students attending the National Labor College
- Online degrees in: Business Administration, Construction Management, Emergency Readiness & Response Management, Labor Studies
- New: Associate of Arts degree, for the first two years of college starting September 2013
- Union Plus Education Foundation is the largest contributor to the National Labor College.
To apply for Union Plus NLC Scholarships
Call an admissions counselor at 1-888-427-8100 and ask about the Union Plus scholarships.
With the National Labor College (NLC) in Silver Spring, MD, America's unions have their own college: the nation's only accredited higher education institution devoted exclusively to educating union members, leaders and staff.
- Each year, $25,000 is awarded to eligible students through the Union Plus National Labor College Scholarship.
- Awards are determined and administered by the National Labor College.
- Awards are based on financial need and are made every term including January, May, and September.
Deadline to register at the NLC to qualify for scholarships:
- April 8, 2013 - for the Summer Term
- August 12, 2013 - for the Fall Term
NLC Online Degrees
Have you completed some college or apprenticeships and now want to finish your Bachelor's degree?
Apply for one of the NLC's online degree programs and study on your own schedule:
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Construction Management
- Bachelor of Science in Emergency Readiness & Response Management
Bachelor of Arts in Labor Studies including four majors:
Union skills, training, undergraduate and graduate programs
The National Labor College also offers:
- Union skills training - including week-long labor education classes in arbitration, organizing, negotiations, safety & health, union building and leadership development.
Certificate programs in the school of labor studies and four new certificate programs in the school of professional studies including:
- Safety and health training
- Online undergraduate degree programs
- Graduate Programs
How to apply: Contact the NLC at 1-888-427-8100 or www.NLC.edu.
- Participating union members from the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada are eligible.
- Dues-paying labor union members or staff employees of an AFL-CIO affiliated organization enrolled in the National Labor College.
- Current members of Working America are eligible.
- Undergraduate students of the National Labor College (NLC) are eligible.
- No additional purchase of Union Plus products required.
- Awards are determined by the NLC and based on financial need.
- Scholarship recipients must also agree to provide feedback about the NLC program upon completion of their first class.
- You'll be eligible for these scholarships as part of the NLC enrollment process.