Union Plus National Labor College (NLC) Scholarship
The Union Plus NLC Scholarship:
- The Board of Trustees of the National Labor College (NLC) has accepted a plan to close the NLC. Under the plan, NLC will offer its final courses in the spring semester from January to April 2014.
- Further, the Board authorized the faculty and staff of the College to explore the feasibility of entering into an arrangement with other institutions that would allow students who cannot graduate in the spring to obtain their degrees. Such a plan would be brought back to the Board of Trustees for review before the NLC closure.
- Current students can get detailed answers by contacting an NLC academic advisor here.
- More details and future updates on the closure are available here.
More details and future updates on the closure are available here.
With the National Labor College (NLC) in Silver Spring, MD, America's unions have their own college: the nation's only accredited higher education institution devoted exclusively to educating union members, leaders and staff.
- Awards are determined and administered by the National Labor College.
- Union Privilege provided over $300,000 to NLC students and the college over the last 12 years.
- For 2014, Union Privilege will provide $20,000 to help NLC students complete their degrees by April 2014.
NLC Online Degrees
Have you completed some college or apprenticeships and now want to finish your Bachelor's degree?
Apply for one of the NLC's online degree programs and study on your own schedule:
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Construction Management
- Bachelor of Science in Emergency Readiness & Response Management
Bachelor of Arts in Labor Studies including four majors:
Help more union families reach their education goals - Donate Now to the Union Plus Education Foundation
- Participating union members from the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada are eligible.
- Dues-paying labor union members or staff employees of an AFL-CIO affiliated organization enrolled in the National Labor College.
- Current members of Working America are eligible.
- Undergraduate students of the National Labor College (NLC) are eligible.
- No additional purchase of Union Plus products required.
- Awards are determined by the NLC and based on financial need.
- Scholarship recipients must also agree to provide feedback about the NLC program upon completion of their first class.
- You'll be eligible for these scholarships as part of the NLC enrollment process.