Union Plus Student Debt Eraser
Apply for a Student Debt Eraser GrantApply Now
- Helping union members with high student loan debt.
- With student loan debt now surpassing $1 trillion – Union Plus is now offering $500 grants to assist union members with the high cost of their student loans.
- Union Plus customers can now apply for a grant of $500 to help pay off their student loans.
Apply Now! Grants are only available for as long as funds last.
Helping union members with student loan debt
- Current or retired members of unions that offer Union Plus benefits.
- Union Plus Credit Card holder, Union Plus Mortgage holder or Union Plus Life or AD&D Insurance policy holder - for at least 6 months (account must be in good standing). Note: for AD&D Insurance, you must be a paid policy holder, no-cost AD&D policy holders are not eligible.
- 40 years of age or younger, at the time of application.
- At least $10,000 in outstanding federal or private student loan debt. Must be applicant's own debt from their own schooling (not co-signed debt for another person's schooling).
- Graduate of a U.S., accredited college or university with a degree.
- Union membership information - national union name, local union number or name.
- Student loan information - details of your current outstanding student loans - copies of student loan statements with: dollar balance amount, name and address of financial institution, student loan account number.
- College information - school, graduation and degree details.
- Essay of about 350 words answering the question: Tell us how this award will help you? (See full details in online application).
For complete details see the Student Debt Eraser Grant application.
If you meet the requirements you’ll receive a grant – but grants are only available for as long as funds last.
**Student Debt Eraser Grants are only available for as long as funds last.**
Grant payment details:
- Grants are paid directly to the student loan financial institution.
- Grant application processing takes approximately 8 - 10 weeks.
- After processing applicants are notified by mail.
- If approved, grants can take up to 2 months to be credited to the student loan account.
- Lifetime limit: one $500 grant.