Vision Discounts Program
The Union Plus Vision Discounts Program Difference:
- Lowest access fee: Union Plus Health Savings Vision Discounts program includes entire household for same fee. Most others charge extra for spouse & dependents
- Large provider networks
- Program provider, Careington International, has exemplary reputation
- Low-cost group plans for unions
Start saving on your out-of-pocket health costs
- Call 1-877-570-4845 (M-F, 9:30 am - 6:30 pm ET). You can cancel within 30 days and receive a full refund.
- Before you make the call, please have the birthdates of any family members you plan to sign-up.
- Check participating providers in your area here.
Health Savings Vision Discounts Program - $14.95 per year.
With this program, you can save 20% to 40% off eye exams and the retail price of eyewear, including:
- eye exams,
- contact lenses,
- progressive lenses and
- upgrades such as UV and scratch resistant coatings.
The discounts are available at over 50,000 participating providers nationwide, including:
- independent optometrists,
- opticians and
- leading optical retailers.
In addition, when you purchase the Union Plus Vision Discounts, you also receive a no-cost prescription card, and discounts on medical & diabetic supplies, foot & ankle care and hearing care. Details on these discounts are listed below.
How does it work?
- Sign up for the discount program by calling Careington at 1-877-570-4845 (M-F, 9:30 am - 6:30 pm ET).
- After you join a program, you'll receive a Union Plus Health Savings discount card.
- Search for a provider in your area and make an appointment.
- Show your Union Plus Health Savings discount card at your appointment or pharmacy.
- Receive instant savings with the Union Plus Health Savings reduced fees.
THIS PLAN IS NOT INSURANCE. THIS IS NOT A MEDICARE PRESCRIPTION DRUG PLAN.*
This plan does not meet the minimum creditable coverage requirements under M.G.L. c. 111M and 956 CMR 5.00. The plan provides discounts at certain health care providers for medical services. The range of discounts will vary depending on the type of provider and service. The plan does not make payments directly to the providers of medical services. Plan members are obligated to pay for all health care services but will receive a discount from those health care providers who have contracted with the discount medical plan organization. You may access a list of participating health care providers at www.UnionPlus.org/HealthSavings. Upon request the plan will make available a written list of participating health care providers. You have the right to cancel within the first 30 days after receipt of membership materials and receive a full refund, less a nominal processing fee (nominal fee for MD residents is $5). Discount Medical Plan Organization and administrator: Careington International Corporation, 7400 Gaylord Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034; phone 800-441-0380.
The program and its administrators have no liability for providing or guaranteeing service by providers or the quality of service rendered by providers. This program is not available in Montana and Vermont. This plan is not currently available in Washington. *Medicare statement applies to MD residents when pharmacy discounts are part of program.
|See the tabs below for details.||Standard Program
$14.95 per family per year
|Dental Care||For dental services, sign up for the Dental Discount Program|
|Doctor & Hospital Care||For physician services, sign up for the Physician & Hospital Discounts Program|
|Medical & Diabetic Supplies|
|Foot & Ankle Care|
|Nurse Hotline||For the nurse hotline, sign up for the Dental Discounts Program|
Vision Discounts Program Features
|Example of discounts||Typical included services||Providers|
|Save an average of 15% off brand name drugs
40% off generic drugs
|Brand name and generic drugs of all types||56,000 pharmacies nationwide including participating Rite Aid and Safeway stores.
Search for participating pharmacies in your area.
Or get even greater savings when you choose to have convenient, money-saving mail-order prescriptions delivered right to your door.
|Save 20% to 40% off the retail price of eyewear.||
||Over 40,000 providers nationwide, including:
|Medical & Diabetic Supplies|
|Save 20% to 40% off retail prices on disposable medical supplies
Save 20% to 30% on durable medical supplies
|Disposable medical supplies, including diabetic needles, syringes, test strips and more.
Durable diabetic supplies and other durable medical equipment
|Established mail-order program
Orders can be made via phone or mail and are conveniently delivered to your door.
|Foot & Ankle Care|
|Save 20% to 50% off the normal charges for foot and ankle care services||
||3,500 podiatrists nationwide
Search for a participating foot care provider in your area.
|Save on hearing evaluations and exams.
Save 20-25% on all hearing aids at any HearPO provider
||More than 2,300 locations nationwide.
Search for a participating hearing care provider in your area.
Healthy Living Tips
This program is available to United States residents, but not available in Canada and Guam.
The Vision Discounts, Dental Discounts and Physician & Hospital Discounts programs are not available in Montana and Vermont.
Who is eligible?
- Dues-paying labor union members of participating unions
- Retired union members
- Widows/widowers of union members
- Spouse, domestic partners, and children may be included
- Union Plus credit cardholders
- Interested in Dental Discounts Program, but not yet a member of the program? Find participating dentists, vision care providers, pharmacies, podiatry and hearing service providers in your area here.
- If you already are a member of Union Plus Health Savings, please search for providers in your area here.
- Read Union Plus Health Savings program FAQs
- Customer service questions? Call Careington International at 1-877-570-4845 (M-F, 9:30 am - 6:30 pm ET).
- NOTE: If you have questions about the new Medicare Part D prescription drug insurance program (NOT a Union Plus program), you should contact www.medicare.gov or 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).
We realize that sometimes you may need help with a concern about using a Union Plus program. The Union Plus Member Advocacy Program, staffed by OPEIU Local 2 members, is here to help you resolve any problems. Contact us at 1-800-472-2005 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET, weekdays) or online at UnionPlus.org/Customer.