Mortgages for Union Families
Learn more about the unique benefits available to union members,
their parents and children.
Buying a home
How the "Welcome to Your First-Home Award" works:
If you're an active or retired union member and used Union Plus Mortgage to purchase your first home, we'd like to hear from you. Share your story by completing an application and providing us a short, written description of your experience with the Union Plus Mortgage process and what owning your first home means to you. As a token of appreciation for your story, we'll send you a check for $500*.
If you're unable to download the application and need one mailed to you, please call 1-800-472-2005, ext. 836, to request an application by mail.
*Normal processing time for award checks is 60-90 days after we receive a complete application package.
Refinancing a home
Call Union Plus at (866) 802-7307.
Who is eligible?
- All dues-paying labor union members
- Union member retirees
- Spouse and domestic partners of union members
- Parents and children of union members
- Alliance for Retired Americans members who are retired union members are eligible
- ONLY current/retired union members are eligible for the Welcome to Your First Home Award
- ONLY current/retired union members, their spouses, parents and children are eligible for the Union Plus mortgage assistance program
Peace of mind with unique union assistance
Other resources for ALL union members:
- Federal government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP)
- Worried about falling behind on your mortgage payments? The Union Plus Save My Home Hotline may be able to help. Don't wait until you're facing foreclosure - call 1-866-490-5361, any time day or night
- For free budgeting and credit counseling advice, click here or call Money Management International (MMI), the Union Plus Credit Counseling provider at 1-877-833-1745
- Access free bankruptcy counseling & services from Union Plus Credit Counseling
- And find more debt-reducing resources and tools at UnionPlus.org/CreditClinic
Union leaders: resources for your members
Already have a loan through the Union Plus Mortgage program and need assistance?
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is a division of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. NMLSR ID 399801.
- Eligible individuals can receive the Wells Fargo My Mortgage GiftSM promotion in the amount of $500.00 approximately 6 weeks after closing on a new purchase or refinance loan secured by a first mortgage or deed of trust with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, subject to qualification, approval and closing, when identifying themselves as eligible under the Union Plus Mortgage program. The My Mortgage GiftSM promotion is not available with any Wells Fargo Three-Step Refinance SYSTEMÂ® program, The Relocation Mortgage ProgramSM or the HOME program. Only one award permitted per new loan. This promotion cannot be combined with any other promotion, discount or rebate. This promotion is void where prohibited, transferable, and subject to change or cancellation with no prior notice. Gifts may constitute taxable income. Federal, state and local taxes, and any use of the gift not otherwise specified in the Terms and Conditions provided at receipt of gift are the sole responsibility of the My Mortgage GiftSM recipient.Please see Terms and Conditions document for more information.
The Performance Plus Award MasterCardÂ® and its use are subject to the terms and conditions that will be included in the mailing with the card. If you would like to review the card holder agreement visit http://www.performanceplusaward.com/cardholderagreement.pdf.
By participating in the My Mortgage GiftSM program, gift recipients agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless your lender, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, and employees, from any liability, claims, or damages arising out of the recipient's acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any gift.