Save My Home Hotline
The Union Plus Save My Home Hotline Difference:
- Union Plus Save My Home Hotline - provided through the non-profit Money Management International (MMI) - is accredited to provide counseling for labor union members facing foreclosure
- Largest network of local offices for those who don't prefer counseling by phone
- HUD-certified counselors are available 24/7. Call 1-866-490-5361.
Speak with a HUD-certified housing counselor
Get free no-obligation advice from HUD-certified housing counselors by calling 1-866-490-5361 (counselors available 24/7).
Counselors are also available in more than 100 local offices, so it may be possible to set-up an in-person meeting at a local office.
Act now if you are facing mortgage payment problems
If you are a homeowner worried that the next change in your adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) will put payments out of reach or facing financial trouble that may make you fall behind on your mortgage payments, the Union Plus Save My Home Hotline may be able to help.
You can arrange a confidential, free consultation with expert housing counselors who can provide advice, help you find answers and develop an action plan to get your financial house in order. Don't wait until it's too late - call 1-866-490-5361, any time day or night.
It's free and confidential
Counseling offered by the Save My Home Hotline ( 1-866-490-5361) is confidential and free. The counselors at Money Management International (MMI), the nation's largest and most trusted full-service nonprofit credit counseling agency, are ready to help.
MMI and its family of Consumer Credit Counseling Services agencies have helped consumers nationwide for more than 46 years by providing high-quality, comprehensive credit counseling, and education and debt management assistance.
In addition to telephone counseling, face-to-face counseling at more than 100 local offices in 22 states and the District of Columbia is also available.
|Save My Home
|FAQs||Home Finance Tips||Eligibility||Customer Service|
Save My Home
Advice designed especially for you
Fully-trained, HUD-certified counselors will discuss your individual situation and offer advice and guidance that is personalized for your situation. Save My Home Hotline housing counselors can:
- Provide a free budget and spending analysis to assess your current financial situation
- Explain how best to work with your lender and understand all of the options available to help you retain your home and prevent foreclosure.
- Protect you from future credit problems before you get too far behind on mortgage payments.
- Provide a written plan of action you can follow.
- Offer referrals to other resources, including credit and bankruptcy counseling, if appropriate.
MMI has created a Preserving Homeownership And Savings Education Strategies (PHASES) program through a $1 million grant from the provider of the Union Plus Credit Card. PHASES grants can assist qualified homeowners in participating states who are experiencing temporary financial distress and who are past due on one or two mortgage payments.
Grants are available to homeowners in 15 states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia. Hotline counselors can determine if you are eligible.
Questions? See the Hotline FAQ.
Home Finance Tips
- Have an adjustable rate mortgage? Act now.
- Mortgage Checkup: Are You a Healthy Homeowner? - The housing market continues to do poorly in some parts of the country, leaving homeowners hurting. Click here for four questions to help you understand whether you are in good shape when it comes to your home loan.
- Making Home Affordable Programs Help Homeowners - You may have heard about the government program to help homeowners save their homes, and wonder whether you qualify.
- Five Tips to Avoid Foreclosure - If you are worried about keeping up with your house payments, you may be stressed, overwhelmed, depressed or just plain tired. Click here for five essential steps for solving your mortgage crisis.
- Foreclosure FAQ - Have a specific question? Click her for answers to many frequently asked questions.
- Debt Collection Laws: Know Your Rights - You have rights when dealing with debt collectors and it is important to understand how debt collection laws can protect you against unfair collection tactics.
- Are you struggling with debt? Find resources and tools to help at UnionDebtHelp.org.
The Save My Home Hotline is currently available in the United States, but not available in Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands, and Canada.
Who is eligible?
* All dues-paying labor union members
* Retired union members
* Spouse, domestic partners, and children (age 18+) may be included
* Widows/widowers of union members
- You can call the Save My Home Hotline at 1-866-490-5361 - 24/7.
- Contact information on the Union Plus Money Management International (MMI) site
We realize that sometimes you may need help with a concern about using a Union Plus program. The Union Plus Member Advocacy Program, staffed by OPEIU Local 2 members, is here to help you resolve any problems. Contact us at 1-800-472-2005 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET, weekdays) or online at UnionPlus.org/Customer.