Accident Insurance for Labor Union Families
The Union Plus Accident Insurance Difference:
- No-cost coverage. Up to $20,000* of no-cost accidental death (AD) insurance coverage for one year. No medical exam.
- Union Plus insurance is underwritten by The Hartford.
- Strict program oversight by an unpaid, independent board of AFL-CIO trustees who are retired union members.
- Strike/layoff benefits that help protect union members when you're out of work. Your premium is waived if you are out of work on a union-sanctioned strike, layoff or lockout lasting 30 days or more, and no occupational exclusions.
- Support from a third-party union member advocate for union members requesting assistance. Staffed by union members, these advocates ensure that you and your family get the information you need, without you ever having to settle for less.
To enroll in Union Plus Accident Insurance
Phone: Call 1-800-393-0864 and an experienced rep will help you get the best insurance for your situation.
Your union membership entitles you to enroll in no-cost coverage for accidental death (AD) insurance.
Enroll on the special insurance site to take advantage of up to $20,000* worth of no-cost accidental death coverage, provided by Union Plus for one full year. No medical exam. No hassle.
Or opt for even greater protection of up to $200,000* in Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at affordable group rates - just for union members and their families - because in case of accidental death, your family may need the financial protection.
*All coverage is reduced by 50% at age of 70 and older. This reduction also applies even if you have attained the age of 70 when you first obtain coverage.
CAP is an all-in-one solution, combining three different types of coverage, including:
- Hospitalization resulting from a covered accident
- Disability resulting from a covered accident
- Covered accidental death
Accident insurance service features
- $10,000 of coverage for death due to any other type of covered accident at home, at work and while commuting or traveling anywhere in the world.
- Plus, $10,000 of additional coverage against covered accidental death while at work.
Enhanced coverage: For added protection and peace of mind, you may choose to purchase additional accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage from $25,000 to $200,000 at group rates.
Union Plus Accident Insurance is available in the Unites States. It is not available in Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands.
Who is eligible?
- All dues-paying labor union members
- Retired union members
- Spouse, domestic partner and children of union members
- Widows/widowers of union members
- For any questions, including submitting a claim or enrollment, call Union Plus Insurance directly at 1-800-393-0864 (M-F, 8 am to 7 pm, ET).
- You may also submit questions online through the Union Plus Insurance Web site.
We realize that sometimes you may need help with a concern about using a Union Plus program. The Union Plus Member Advocacy Program, staffed by OPEIU Local 2 members, is here to help you resolve any problems. Contact us at 1-800-472-2005 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET, weekdays) or online at UnionPlus.org/Customer.