You could save an average of $534* on auto insurance!
Quotes are not available for HI, MA, PR, or Canadian residents.
The Union Plus Auto Insurance Difference:
- Competitive group auto insurance rates - members who've switched have saved an average of $534* on car insurance
- Driver education grants - up to $250 for driver training courses
- Premium deferment during prolonged strikes or lockouts - up to 2 months
- Free online auto insurance quotes and rate comparisons - compare rates before switching
- All customer service calls answered in the U.S. Call 1-800-294-9496 or click here for a free car insurance quote.
- Coverage for motorcycles, mobile homes, boats, ATVs and more availableÂ±. Union members can save up to 15% on specialty insurance with a companion Union Plus Auto Insurance auto policy.
Union members can get unique auto insurance features
Union Plus Auto Insurance policies through 21st Century Insurance are available for drivers with less than perfect driving histories.
And labor union members have freedom of choice and can select a body shop or mechanic of their choice if repairs are necessary. Original equipment manufacturer parts are also available.
Union Plus Auto Insurance policyholders can also receive money for completing driver's education courses up to $250.
And if you go out on strike, policyholders can defer their car insurance premiums for up to 2 months.
Driver Education Grants: Union Plus Auto Insurance policyholders can get money to take one of these driving courses. By taking one of these courses, you may be eligible for discounts on your auto insurance policy. Discount availability varies by state.
Auto Insurance Premium Deferment During Prolonged Strikes or Lockouts: Union Plus Auto Insurance will provide union members with a strike benefit that allows Union Plus policyholders to defer their insurance premium payments for two months in case of a union-sanctioned strike or lockout lasting 90 days or longer.
To access the benefit:
- Call Union Plus at 1-202-778-9838 to speak with the Auto Insurance Program Manager at least two weeks prior to the 90th day of the strike.
- A strike verification form will be mailed to you, along with specific instructions that must be followed to gain access to the benefits.
- Complete the strike verification form and have it signed by a union representative. Return the fully executed form, along with your insurance payment invoice, in the postage paid envelope that will be provided.
- You will be responsible for bringing the payment up to date within 60 days of the strike's settlement. If you are still on strike or locked out at the end of the two-payment period you will once again be responsible for payments on the Union Plus Auto Insurance policy.
Specialty insurance coverage from Foremost: Insure your motorcycles, mobile homes, boats, ATVs, and more in most states, except DC, FL, and HI. Union members with companion Union Plus Auto Insurance auto policy, may save up to 15% on their specialty insurance premiums.Â±
Additional benefits at no cost:
- 21st Roadside Assistance which includes 24-hour roadside assistance for all insured vehicles anywhere in the US and Canada.**
- $250 cash refunds for completed driver education program***
Other features include:
- Multi-car auto insurance discount
- Discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft devices, and much more
- The choice of body mechanic is always up to you
- Top quality customer service with all calls answered in the United States
National average of annual savings developed from information provided by new policyholders from 7/01/13 - 6/30/14 that shows they saved by switching to Union Plus Auto Insurance through 21st Century Insurance and may not be inclusive of variances in coverages or benefits.
**California 21st Century Casualty Ins Co. customers must purchase separately.
***Not available in all states.
Â±Most specialty products are available in most states, with exceptions in DC, FL and HI. Specialty product availability may vary slightly by state.
Union members with Union Plus Auto Insurance are now eligible for 8%-12% savings when they add on homeowners insurance from 21st Century Home Insurance.
Homesite Insurance Group, underwriter for the Homeowners Insurance Program, has an "A prime rating" for financial stability among property casualty insurance companies. Homesite writes homeowners, condominium owners, and renters' policies in all states except AK, HI, FL, MA, and NH. Some coastal restrictions apply in other states.
Claims service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you already have Union Plus Auto Insurance but don't have a 21st Century Homeowners Insurance policy, ask for a quote by calling 1-800-294-9496.
When will I receive an auto insurance quote?
Whether you request a quote from our friendly phone representatives, online or from a local authorized agent or broker, generally you will receive your premium quote immediately.
Please note that some states prohibit immediate car insurance quotes. In addition, you may be required to provide written documentation prior to the issuance of a quote.
Why is my quote more than I'm currently getting from my insurance company?
There are many factors such as credit score and driving history, that go into determining the premium for an individual insurance policy. Every company is different and no single company will provide the best quote for all customers. We encourage union members to get a quote and compare it to quotes from other companies.
What are my rights when filing an auto insurance claim?
Every state has laws protecting consumers and as a car insurance policyholder, you have certain rights. Your policy is a legal contract between you and your insurer. It defines your rights and obligations as well as the rights and obligations of the insurance company.
If you have any questions regarding your rights under the policy, talk to your auto insurance agent or company representative. You may also contact your state insurance department, state attorney general's office or your state's consumer affairs department.
What is uninsured motorist coverage?
There are two types of Uninsured Motorist Coverage:
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage protects you and the occupants of your vehicle for bodily injury up to your auto insurance policy limits as a result of an accident with a legally liable uninsured motorist or "hit and run" driver.
- Uninsured Motorist Property Damage protects your property up to your car insurance policy limit for property damage that results from an accident with a legally liable uninsured motorist or "hit and run" driver.
These coverages are not available in all states and are sometimes subject to a deductible.
The program is for United States residents, but currently not available in Hawaii, Massachussetts, Puerto Rico or Canada.
- Union Plus Auto Insurance is available in all states except Hawaii, Massachusetts and Puerto Rico. Learn what 21st Century affiliated auto insurance company is in your state.
- Due to state law restrictions, residents of New Hampshire cannot obtain a Union Plus Auto Insurance quote over the phone.
- Also due to state law restrictions, 21st Century is unable to give auto insurance quotes over the phone to residents of Kentucky, Louisiana, New Jersey, North Dakota and Washington, but 21st Century will mail quotes after getting the appropriate information over the phone.
Who is eligible?
- All dues-paying labor union members
- Retired union members
- Widows/widowers of union members
- Spouse and domestic partners are eligible with the union member as co-applicant.
- Children are eligible as an addition to the member's policy or with the union member as co-applicant.
Union Plus Auto Insurance customer service is available 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week.
- To obtain a free Union Plus Auto Insurance quote: Call 1-800-294-9496 or go online.
- To report a claim: Call 21st Century at 1-800-241-1188.
- For changes to your auto insurance policy or to ask customer service a question: Call 1-800-241-1188.
- To manage your Union Plus Auto Insurance policy online: Click here to log in to your auto insurance account online to pay your bill, check your coverage, etc.
All auto insurance calls are answered in the U.S. within 30 seconds.
- Union Plus Auto Insurance is available in all states except HI, MA and PR. Learn what 21st Century-affiliated auto insurance company is in your state.
- Also due to state law restrictions, 21st Century is unable to give quotes over the phone to residents of Kentucky, Louisiana, New Jersey, North Dakota and Washington, but 21st Century will mail quotes after getting the appropriate information over the phone.
We realize that sometimes you may need help with a concern about using a Union Plus program. The Union Plus Member Advocacy Program, staffed by OPEIU Local 2 members, is here to help you resolve any problems. Contact us at 1-800-472-2005 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET, weekdays) or online at UnionPlus.org/Customer.