Job Loss Grant
- You must be a union member or have been a union member at the time of job loss.
- You must be a Union Plus Credit Card holder for at least one year.
- Your account must be in good standing – in other words, your payments must be up-to-date.
- You were involuntarily laid off from your job within the last twelve months.
- You have been continuously unemployed for 90 days or more due to an involuntary layoff.
NOTE: The lost job protection credit card payment is designed for union members who have involuntarily lost their permanent jobs.
How to apply
- Collect the following:
- Notice of your job loss, showing it occurred within the last twelve months
- Your latest unemployment insurance statement(s) which must show 90 days of continuous unemployment
- Complete the online application form
Print the online application PDF, sign and mail all required documentation to:
ATTN: Union SAFE Job Loss Grant
1100 1st Street, NE, Suite 850
Washington, DC 20002
- Please allow 4-5 weeks for application processing. You will notified by mail when your application has been approved or denied.
- If approved for the grant, payment will be made directly to your Union Plus Credit Card account. Please be sure to continue making your credit card minimum payments until your application is processed and the $250 grant posts to your account. To check your balance, you can call the Union Plus Credit Card at 1-800-622-2580 or check your account online at www.UnionPlusCard.com.