- You must be a union member or have been a union member at the time of strike or lockout.
- You must be a Union Plus Credit Card holder for at least one year.
- Your account must be in good standing – in other words, your payments must be up-to-date.
- You were on strike or lockout for 30 or more consecutive days within the last six months.
How to apply
- Collect the following:
- Letter from your local union acknowledging a union-sanctioned strike or a lockout lasting 30 days or more within the last 6 months.
- Complete the online application form
Print the online application PDF, sign and mail all required documentation to:
ATTN: Union SAFE Strike Grant
1100 1st Street, NE, Suite 850
Washington, DC 20002
- Please allow 4-5 weeks for application processing. You will notified by mail when your application has been approved or denied.
- If approved for the grant, payment will be made directly to your Union Plus Credit Card account. Please be sure to continue making your credit card minimum payments until your application is processed and the $250 grant posts to your account. To check your balance, you can call the Union Plus Credit Card at 1-800-622-2580 or check your account online at www.UnionPlusCard.com.