If you are a union member currently participating in a Union Plus program and are laid off or downsized, you're eligible for special financial assistance. Learn about the unique ways union members can get financial help using these "safety net" benefits:
- Job Loss Grant - $250 payment to Union Plus Credit Card holder's who have recently been laid off
- Save My Home Hotline - Free assistance to help avoid foreclosure
- Union Plus Credit Counseling - Free budgeting and debt management advice
- Union Plus Health Savings - Free prescription card and discounts at participating health care providers
- Union Plus Mortgage Assistance - Interest-free loans for qualified Union Plus mortgage customers
- Union Plus Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance - Waiver of premium without repayment
- Union Plus Legal Service - Free legal consultation
- Unemployment Lifeline - including search engine for local assistance programs
- Job Dislocation - Making Smart Financial Choices After a Job Loss
Laid off union members who are Union Plus Credit Card holders are eligible to receive a $250 grant.
Save My Home Hotline - Free assistance - 1-866-490-5361
Falling behind on your house payments can lead to foreclosure. If you're facing financial problems and are at risk of missing a mortgage payment, call the free Union Plus Save My Home Hotline at 1-866-490-5361 anytime of day or night.
Also, find out if you are eligible for Union Plus Mortgage Assistance.
Union Plus Credit Counseling - Free counseling - 1-877-833-1745
Laid off union members are eligible for a free credit counseling session that includes a budget analysis and money management advice.
If you need additional assistance to get out of debt, your credit counselor can develop a custom Debt Management Plan consolidating all your debts into one monthly payment. Union members receive a 33% discount on creating this plan.
For Union Plus Credit Counseling, call 1-877-833-1745.
Union Plus Health Savings - Free membership with healthcare discounts - 1-877-570-4845
Laid off members are eligible for a free membership in the Union Plus Health Savings Standard program (reg. $14.95) with its money-saving discounts on retail and mail order prescriptions (save up to 40% off generic, up to 15% off brand name), vision care, hearing care, and foot care.
To access this benefit, call the Union Plus Health Savings provider at 1-877-570-4845 and mention you want a free membership as part of the Union Plus Disaster/Strike benefit.
Union Plus Mortgage Assistance - click the link to learn more about assistance - 1-800-848-6466
Union Plus Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Waiver of premium - 1-800-393-0864
Union Plus Insurance Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance premiums are waived for 3 months for involuntary layoff lasting more than 30 consecutive days. This waived premium never has to be repaid.
This excludes “no cost” Accidental Death and Dismemberment policies, Earnings Guard Policies, and Comprehensive Accident Plan.
To use this benefit, call 1-800-393-0864.
Union Plus Legal Service - Free consultation - 1-888-993-8889
For legal issues related to your layoff, contact your national or local union. For other legal matters, you have access to free legal advice with no enrollment fee or annual cost. Call the Union Plus Legal Service at 1-888-993-8889 for:
- Free consultation of up to 30 minutes (in-person or by phone)
- Free review of select documents
- Free follow-up letter or phone call
- 30% discount on other legal services
Unemployment Lifeline - including search engine for local assistance programs