Financial hardship assistance for union members in financial need
The Union Plus benefits provide protection for union families when they need it most.
Money and Credit Help
With unique protections like the following designed especially for working Americans, Union Plus offers a credit card unlike any other available to union members.
Job loss grants for members who have been laid off within the past 6 months are also available.
Credit cardholders who suffer financial hardship due to a natural disaster are also eligible for the Diaster Relief Fund grants.
Free credit counseling helps members get control of their finances and develop a budget
Consumer credit education helps members understand and manage borrowing, spending and credit
The Save My Home Hotline is staffed with HUD-certified counselors who are able to assist members who want to stay ahead of the mortgage crisis, falling behind on payments or in foreclosure.
If you use the Union Plus Mortgage program, you could be eligible for Mortgage Assistance Program.
UnionDebtHelp.org is a web site devoted to providing a wealth of tips and resources to help members handle debt.
- Legal services offers members a free 30-minute consultation and a 30% discount on what they would charge the general public. The legal service includes lawyers in select areas who specialize in U.S. immigration law.
- The Union Plus Scholarship Program awards scholarships to union members and their children. Awards range from $500 to $4,000 and apply to colleges, trade and technical schools. Other scholarships include National Labor College (NLC) scholarships.
Out-of-Pocket Health Care Expenses
- Hospital Care Grants provide $1,000 to assist in paying for large, out-of-pocket hospital expenses for union members, your spouses or dependent household members.
- Union Plus Health Savings offer discounts on many out-of-pocket health services from participating providers, including physician and hospital care, dental care, eye care, prescriptions, hearing aids and more. All family members living in your household are covered.
- This family of benefits includes a free prescription card that helps you save on prescription drugs from participating pharmacies.
- The Union Plus Retirement Site helps members prepare for retirement, with information on retirement goals, how to budget and plan, how much money is needed and ways to protect families.
Special Customer Service
A Union Plus Member Advocate assists union members who are in need of assistance or have a concern about any Union Plus program:
- Assists members experiencing financial difficulty with special programs and "out-of-the-box” solutions to issues such as late or over-limit fees, interest rate adjustments and skip payments.
- Advocates on behalf members with program suppliers to resolve concerns to the members’ satisfaction. Complete the Union Plus Feedback Form online.
- Works with program providers to "fix” any problems that arise and take steps to ensure that they don’t reoccur.
Free Products and Services
- 30-minute free legal consultation and free document review
- $20,000 Accidental Death Insurance policy
- 30-minute free credit counseling session
- Free initial consultation with Save My Home counselor
- Free online Retirement Planning Center
- Free debt management and consumer credit education
- Scholarship money
- Prescription card