3 ways to avoid credit card fees
No one wants to get a credit card fee for paying late or going overlimit. Here are some tips to help you avoid fees on your Union Plus Credit Card whenever possible:
1. To avoid late fees, know your due dates – and pay on time . You are assessed a late fee of as much as $39 if you miss a due date, so it’s important to pay your bill on time. What you can do:
- Always double-check the due date on your bill when you receive it, and make your payment as soon as possible. If payment is due on a weekend or holiday, allow extra time so you don’t miss the deadline.
- Sign up online at UnionPlusCard.com for free e-mail or text message alerts that will let you know when your payment is due.
- Set up in advance an online bill payment at UnionPlusCard.com. Make sure to schedule the payment several days in advance of your due date. You can also set up regular payments on a bi-weekly or monthly basis.
2. To avoid over-limit fees, keep track of your credit limit and balances . When a charge puts you over your limit, you are assessed a $39 over-limit fee. So keep track of your account balance. You can check your account balance by phone (1-800-622-2580) or online at UnionPlusCard.com, so you don’t go over your limit.
3. To avoid bounced check fees be sure you have enough money in your checking or savings account before you schedule an online payment or mail a check . If your payment "bounces," you may be charged a fee of $35.
Your Union Plus card offers financial help for those facing financial hardship, a Layoff Helpline, and free credit counseling. Other credit cards offer no help at all. And, all calls to Union Plus are answered in the U.S. and never outsourced to other countries.