Veterinarian Discounts for Your Pets
The Union Plus Pet Savings Difference:
- Veterinarian discounts lower costs 25%. These savings can be used with pet insurance to further lower out-of-pocket expenses.
- Save up to 50% on other pet services such as pet boarding, pet supplies, pet sitting, pet training and more.
- 3 Month Trial Membership for $1. Ongoing coverage starts as low as $6.95 per month. Use Code: UPFREE
- Also use pet food, medication, toys and other discounts through the Union Plus Pet Store here.
Enroll for pet savings - 3 Months Trial for $1
Find a pet merchant in your area â€“ including groomers, boarding, etc.
Phone: Call 1-888-789-PETS(7387). Use Code: UPFREE
Online: Enroll on the Pet Assure site
Taking Care of Your Pet
Cut the cost of routine veterinarian services for all the pets in your household. Join Union Plus Pet Savings through Pet Assure and save 25% every time you visit a veterinarian in PetAssure's growing network of participating vets. There are no forms, no pet exclusions, no deductibles.
And you'll save up to 50% on other pet services such as pet boarding, pet training and more. Also use pet food, medication, toys and other discounts through the Union Plus Pet Store here.
Union Plus Pet Savings is not an insurance program. It is a pet health care savings program providing discounts for all veterinary services, including routine pet health care and coverage for all animals. Check the features tab below for details.
Union Plus Pet Savings program may be used in conjunction with traditional pet insurance to save you even more money on all veterinary bills.
How does the Union Plus Pet Savings work?
- Find a participating veterinarian in your area on the Pet Assure site by entering your zip code.
Schedule an appointment with a participating vet.
Don't see your vet listed? You can ask your veterinarian to call Pet Assure at 1-888-789-PETS (7387) and they'll explain the program and its benefits to your vet. Or refer your vet through this online form.
You will receive your Pet Assure savings from a participating vet right at the time services are rendered. There is never any paperwork to submit or waiting for reimbursement checks.
Participating Pet Assure veterinary practices provide a 25% savings on ALL medical care provided in the office. This includes the office visit, exam, shots, surgery, x-rays and any other procedures the vet does.
The veterinary practice has the discretion on whether to provide a discount on products you are sent home with such as medications, food, and flea or heartworm preventatives, non-medical boarding and grooming, any outside services such as lab work or outside specialists or anything already discounted.
Pet savings features
- Union members get 3 Month Trial Pet Assure membership for $1. Ongoing coverage starts as low as $6.95 per month.
- 25% point-of-sale discount off all veterinarian services from a growing network of over 2,500 participating veterinarians nationwide. Savings are applied directly to the bill when you present your Pet Assure membership card. To find a vet in your area, click here or call 1-888-789-7387.
- Up to 50% savings on pet-related products and services such as pet food, grooming, boarding and pet supplies from thousands of local and national merchants. When you sign up, your welcome kit will contain a listing of all the participating merchants in your area.
- Free pet ID tag and 24/7 locator service for each enrolled pet
- Online account management. You can view bills and search for vets in your area online. Existing customers can log in here.
Every pet is covered - including dogs, cats, birds, fish, reptiles, horses and more - regardless of age or condition. Even pre-existing conditions are no problem Union Plus Pet Savings is also easy to use. Members show their Pet Assure membership card when they pay for their veterinarian services.
The discount is immediately reflected on your bill - and the discount applies to all services. There are no exclusions for any reason. All pets qualify.
The Union Plus Pet Savings Service is available in the Unites States. It is not available in Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands.
Who is eligible?
- Dues-paying labor union members of participating unions
- Retired union members
- Spouse, domestic partner and children of union members
- Widows/widowers of union members
- Union Plus credit cardholders
- Got questions? Contact Pet Assure on their site for more information. Make sure to tell them that you are a Union Plus member to get this special offer.
- Call 1-888-789-PETS(7387).
- You can also log in to your Pet Assure account online.
We realize that sometimes you may need help with a concern about using a Union Plus program. The Union Plus Member Advocacy Program, staffed by OPEIU Local 2 members, is here to help you resolve any problems. Contact us at 1-800-472-2005 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET, weekdays) or online at UnionPlus.org/Customer.