Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes: Official Rules
Eligibility: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL CONTESTS ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- This Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes with a prize (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to current union members, retirees or a parent of unions who participate in the Union Plus programs.
- There is a limit of 1 entry per week, per person. Submissions beyond this limit will be removed by Union Privilege.
- Award winners must provide proof of union membership.
Contest Sponsor & Administrator: Union Privilege (the provider of Union Plus benefits) 1125 15th St. NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20005.
Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest/Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Union Privilege’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Timing: The Contest begins on October 1, 2012, ends on November 11, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
How to enter & play in the Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes:
- Check on the Union Plus Collective Bargains Blog for the weekly clue every Monday morning at 10am -- the weekly clue will also be posted on the Union Plus Facebook Page.
- Decipher the clue to find the single word -- keyword -- within the mentioned Union Plus discount programs' webpage.
- Submit the winning keywords either via your mobile device by texting the answer to 22555 or email the answer to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Look out for an email Friday afternoon to see if you've won the week's scavenger hunt -- and the $25 Entertainment Discount E-Certificate (or the $150 Grand Prize).
- We will be publicly posting the winner on Facebook, Saturday afternoon (if you don't want to wait till Monday to find out who won).
- You may enter only up to 1 entry per week, per contestant.
- The Submission's description must be in English; and
- You must use your original content and own the rights to your submission.
Submission Content Restrictions:
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than the Union Privilege, Union Plus or your union’s mark, which entrant has a limited license to use for the sole purpose of creating and uploading a Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain text, images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
Submission of Content: You hereby grant to the Sponsor & Administrator a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, worldwide license to publicly display and otherwise use any Contest entries that you submit (collectively, “Content”) and to publicize your name and likeness (“License”). The Sponsor & Administrator may do any or all of the foregoing for any purpose relating to its Contest, business, products or advertising.
Award winners must provide:
- proof of union membership or relationship to a union member
- for mobile: email address and union info
- for email: union info
Prizes: Grand prize: one $150 Entertainment Discount E-Certificate award, awarded for the winner of the sixth and final scavenger hunt. Secondary prize: one $25 Entertainment Discount E-Certificate for each of the weekly winners during the first five weeks of the sweepstakes. All prizes are provided by Union Privilege. Union Privilege reserves the right to give away more prizes at its discretion.
Determination of prize winners will be selected by Union Plus staff. We will randomly select a name from the mobile submissions and nother from the email submissions -- we will flip a coin to determine who wins for that week.
Promotional Use: The Winner may also be asked to participate in a professional photo shoot and provide a testimonial for use in promoting the Union Plus programs.
Winner: The Winner will be notified by email and must claim his or her prize within 5 days. If Union Privilege does not receive a response within this time period, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. The Winner may make no substitution or transfer the prize. The Winner assumes all liability for any injury, damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of any prize.
The winning Contestant may be required to supply Social Security numbers or other taxpayer identification numbers prior to the award of any prize. All prizes will be awarded to the first and last name as provided by the Entrant.
Release: By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Union Privilege, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
General Conditions: Union Privilege reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Union Privilege’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Union Privilege in its sole discretion. In such event, Union Privilege reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Union Privilege reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Union Privilege reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Union Privilege’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that: any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Columbia or the appropriate District of Columbia Superior Court; any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
Limitation of Liabilities: Union Privilege is not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; unauthorized human intervention in any part of the submission process or the Contest; printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Content or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Union Privilege is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Content or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Union Privilege is not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Content.
We also use your information to contact you when necessary, to verify or provide information in connection with providing our Service, or for other administrative purposes.
We never share or sell the information we collect with non-Union Plus benefits organizations.
Please contact the Sponsor for any questions at: email@example.com.