Great discounts on union assembled large utility vehicles [ends August 19]
August presents twice the opportunity for savings:
- End of summer is traditionally the best time to buy a new car because dealers are making room for incoming models, and
- August has also historically been the best time of year to find opportunities for savings on large utility vehicles.
If you're shopping for a large utility vehicle, these deals offer something for every large utility shopper's needs, with potential savings ranging from 5.8 to 13.9 percent. Market average pricing on these new cars demonstrates a range of discounts off Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Pricing (MSRP) equaling as much as $7,506 off these five large sport/utility vehicles.
If you're planning to go car shopping in August, keep these large sport utility vehicles in mind as you do your research.
|TrueSavings: June 25 to July 8, 2014
Great Savings for the 4th of July
|Year Make Model Trim Segment||MSRP / Market Avg.*||Est. Monthly Payment**||$ Savings / % Savings||City / Hwy / Comb MPG|
|2014 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD, Large SUV||$46,070 / $39,664||$325||$4,978 / 18.0%||22 / 32 / 26.6|
|2014 Cadillac Escalade Base RWD, Large Luxury SUV||$64,740 / $57,234||$390||$5,120 / 15.9%||18 / 24 / 20.9|
|2014 Chevrolet Traverse 1LT AWD, Large SUV||$21,585 / $18,822||$271||$2,763 / 12.8%||22 / 27 / 24.5|
|2014 Dodge Durango Citadel RWD, Large SUV||$21,585 / $18,822||$271||$2,763 / 12.8%||22 / 27 / 24.5|
|2014 GMC Acadia FWD SLE1, Large SUV||$21,585 / $18,822||$271||$2,763 / 12.8%||22 / 27 / 24.5|
*"Market Average" is based on the national average of recent vehicle transactions, including destination and delivery charges after incentives that are subject to change. This does not include tax, title, licensing, documentation or processing fees, other state and governmental charges and/or fees or any other charges or fees allowed by law. **Estimated monthly payments are based on a 3% APR for 60 months with 20% down on the current market average price, and excludes sales tax and other fees and charges that may vary by region or state. Actual APR may be subject to credit approval and other factors. These examples are for information purposes only, and are not an offer to lend. See dealer/lender for details, including actual available offers.
The eight-seat 2014 Ford Expedition XLT in four-wheel drive starts with an MSRP of $46,070, but its average price is a whopping $6,406 lower at $39,664 thanks to a whopping potential savings of 13.9 percent off Ford's popular people mover. Put down a 20 percent deposit, and with a 3 percent APR, your monthly payments could equal about $570 (not including sales tax, fees, or any other fees). Fuel economy is 13 mpg city, 18 mpg highway, and 15.3 mpg combined, but passenger volume is a roomy 160.3 cubic feet, with a max of 108.3 cubic feet behind the first row, and a generous 18.6 feet behind the third.
The distinctive and stylish 2014 Cadillac Escalade seats eight, carries a maximum of 108.9 cubic feet of cargo, and boasts an 11.6 percent discount. That translates to a potential savings of $7,506 - bringing the national market average price of Cadillac's uber-roomy rear-wheel-drive sport utility vehicle from an MSRP of $64,740 down to $57,234. Offer a 20 percent down payment and your payments could be around $823 each month. Under the hood is a powerful 403-horsepower/6.2-liter engine that moves the Escalade from 0â€"60 in 6.8 seconds, though fuel economy is rated at 14 mpg city, 18 highway, and 15.9 combined.
The third vehicle on this week's list of great deals is the three-row 2014 Chevrolet Traverse, with a national market average of $33,501. Even near the middle of this list, the eight-passenger Traverse is a winner offering a potential savings of 9.2 percent - or up to $3,384 - less than the $36,885 MSRP for Chevrolet's all-wheel-drive large utility vehicle in 1LT trim. Passenger volume is a roomy 160.3 cubic feet, with a max of 116.3 cubic feet behind the first row, and a generous 24.4 feet behind the third. The Chevrolet Traverse fuel economy figures are also in the middle of the list, with 16 city, 23 highway, 19.2 miles per gallon combined.
The three-row 2014 Dodge Durango starts with an MSRP of $41,990, but its average market price is $3,550 lower at $38,440; that's a potential savings of 8.5 percent off the suggested MSRP of this seven-passenger utility vehicle. The Dodge Durango holds a maximum of 84.5 cubic feet of cargo space behind the first row, 47.7 cubic feet behind the second row, and 17.2 cubic feet of stowage behind the third row of seats. Fuel economy is rated at 18 city, 25 highway, 21.3 miles per gallon combined. With a 20 percent down payment, payments for this rear-wheel-drive Durango in Citadel trim are $553 per month.
The 2014 GMC Acadia SUV provides ample interior and cargo space, with premium interior cabin and well-equipped standard features. This front-wheel-drive Acadia in SLE1 trim starts with an MSRP of $35,410, but its national market average is $32,631; that's 7.9 percent - or a $2,779 - less than the suggested MSRP. With a 20 percent down payment, monthly payments are the least expensive of the SUVs in this edition, at $469 per month. Fuel economy is rated at 17 city, 24 highway, 20.2 miles per gallon combined. The Acadia boasts 24.1 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row and a maximum of 116.1 cubic feet of cargo space available behind the front row of seats, providing ample room for up to eight passengers and their gear.
Ready To Go Shopping for a New Car?
As always, here are some really important things to keep in mind, such as:
- It doesn't matter where you live, these "TrueSavings" deals are available nationwide and demonstrate potential savings on new cars based on the possible discount from the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). These deals may feature manufacturer's rebates and cash incentives, depending on what our data shows to be the greatest opportunities for savings for new car shoppers in the current two-week time period.
- Incentives and leasing programs are subject to change and should be confirmed with your dealer.
- Deals are limited to inventory on hand. Your Certified Dealer must confirm that actual inventory, including your preferred options and colors, is in stock.
- "Market Average" is based on the national average of recent vehicle transactions, including destination and delivery charges after incentives that are subject to change, but does not include tax, title, licensing, documentation or processing fees, other state and governmental charges and/or fees, or any other charges or fees allowed by law. This is a national average, so you might find better pricing based on sales in your local area at Union Plus Auto Buying Program. Be sure to visit Union Plus Auto Buying Program to view local dealer pricing on any car and to be connected with your local Certified Dealer who will provide you pricing information for the vehicle you are researching.
Once you've chosen your desired vehicle, why not connect with one of our Certified Dealers to ensure a fast and convenient car-buying experience? You can save time, save money, and know you won't overpay with Union Plus Auto Buying Program.