Know Your (Union Plus) Rights: Strike Benefits
Union Plus knows that union members are more powerful when we stick together. And Union Plus stands with union members in those rare instances when they face the possibility of a picket line during a union-sanctioned strike. Among other Hardship Help grants and assistance, Union Plus offers Strike Benefits for eligible members*.
These grants and assistance programs are specially designed to help union members through uncertain times.
- After three months as a cardholder, you may be eligible for a $300 Strike Grant*.
- We offer Union Plus Mortgage Assistance. Strike/lockout grants can make mortgage payments if you’re participating in a union-approved strike or are locked out for more than 30 consecutive days.
- For detailed information, applications or options for strikes/lockouts lasting less than 30 days, call 800-472-2005, extension 840.
- After six months as a loan-holder, you may be eligible for a $300 Strike Grant.
For Union Members Who Participate in the Following Programs:
- Union Plus Auto Insurance: Union Plus policyholders involved in a union-approved strike or a lock-out lasting 90 days or longer can defer premium payments for two months. To take advantage of this deferment, call 855-666-5797.
- Union Plus Life Insurance: Union Plus policyholder premiums are waived for up to three months during union-approved strikes lasting more than 30 consecutive days. This waived premium never has to be repaid. To use this strike benefit, call 800-393-0864.
- Union Plus Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance: Union Plus policyholder premiums are waived for up to one full year during a union-approved strike or a lockout lasting 30 days or more, providing the coverage remains in force. This waived premium never has to be repaid. To use this strike benefit, call 800-393-0864.
For a list of other resources that you may be eligible for as a union member or retiree, visit unionplus.org/hardshiphelp.
*Not all unions are eligible for Strike Grants.
**Certain restrictions, limitations, and qualifications apply to these grants. Additional information and eligibility criteria can be obtained at unionplus.org/assistance. The Union Plus Credit Cards are issued by Capital One, N.A. pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Incorporated.
Capital One, N.A. is not responsible for the contents of this message and/or any products/services offered.