Furlough Grant for Union Plus Credit Cardholders
Union Plus Hardship Assistance
Union Plus Furlough Grant Can Help If You're Furloughed
$300 payment to eligible Union Plus Credit Cardholders or Teamster Privilege Credit Cardholders who have been furloughed or excepted due to the federal government shutdown and meet the requirements below.
- You must be a Union Plus Credit Cardholder or Teamster Privilege Credit Cardholder for at least 3 months and in good standing on the date the federal shutdown began.
- You must complete the required application and provide documentation that you, a joint-owner, or authorized user of your Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Card account and have been continuously unemployed due to an involuntary furlough for at least 15 consecutive days within the 12-month period prior to the date you submit an application.
- You may only receive one Furlough Grant for any one Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Card account. If you have multiple Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Card accounts, you can only receive one Furlough Grant.
How to Apply
- Collect and copy the required documentation:
- Proof of the date of your furlough, showing it occurred within the last twelve months prior to your date of application.
- A copy of the letter from the Office of Personnel Management notifying you regarding your status as either "furloughed" or "excepted".
- Complete the online application form.
- Print your confirmation email, sign and mail all required documentation to:
Union Plus Furlough Grant
1100 First Street, NE, Suite 850
Washington, DC 20002
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for application processing. You will be notified by mail when your application has been approved or denied.
- If approved for the grant, payment will be made directly to you.
- If you choose, you may also scan and email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to our secure fax line at 866-481-5568. However, please be sure to include the application with the documentation. Cellphone photos of documents are discouraged.