Helping Union Members on Strike
Strike Assistance Benefits*
For Eligible Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Cardholders
- Strike Grant -- After three (3) months as a cardholder, you may be eligible for a $300 Strike Grant.
For Eligible Union Plus Mortgage Customers
- Union Plus Mortgage Assistance -- Strike/lockout grants can make mortgage payments if you're participating in a union-approved strike or are locked out for more than 30 consecutive days. For detailed information, applications or options for strikes/lockout lasting less than 30 days, call 800-472-2005, extension 840.
For Eligible Union Plus Personal Loan-holders
Strike Grant -- After six (6) months as a loan-holder, you may be eligible for a $300 Strike Grant.
For Union Members Who Participate in the Following Union Plus Programs
- Union Plus Auto Insurance -- Union Plus policyholders involved in a union-approved strike or a lock-out lasting 90 days or longer can defer premium payments for two (2) months. To take advantage of this deferment, call 855-666-5797.
- Union Plus Life Insurance -- Union Plus policyholder premiums are waived for up to three (3) months during union-approved strikes lasting more than 30 consecutive days. This waived premium never has to be repaid. To use this strike benefit, call 800-393-0864.
- Union Plus Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance -- Union Plus policyholder premiums are waived for up to one full year during a union-approved strike or a lockout lasting 30 days or more, providing the coverage remains in force. This waived premium never has to be repaid.To use this strike benefit, call 800-393-0864.
*You must belong to a union that participates in Union Plus benefits.
Other Resources for Eligible Union Members/Retirees
- Save My Home Hotline -- Call 866-490-5361 if you're facing financial problems and are at risk of missing a mortgage payment.
- Credit Counseling Debt Management Plan (DMP) Fee Reimbursement
$75 value for each participant and rebate for monthly fees after one (1) year in DMP. Call 877-833-1745 for additional information.
- Union Plus Credit Counseling Free Budget Analysis -- Call 877-833-1745.
- Union Plus Health Savings -- Get the free prescription card for savings on generic and name brand prescription drugs. Plus, other plans offer discounts on dental, vision and more.
- Hospital Assistance Grants for Union Plus Credit Cardholders
- Hospital Assistance Grants for Mortgage, Life/Accident Insurance, and Personal Loan Customers
- Medical Bill Negotiating Service
- Disability Benefits
- Legal Help -- For legal issues related to your strike, contact your national or local union. For other legal matters, you have access to a free 30-minute legal consultation and 30% discount on other legal services. Call 888-993-8889 or search for a participating lawyer in your area online.
*Not all unions are eligible for Strike Grants.