Auto Buying Service & Car Buying Advice
The Union Plus Auto Buying Service:
- Union members and their families save an average of $3,221 off MSRP!*
- See what others paid for the car you want and lock in Guaranteed Savings** on new cars and discounts on used cars
- Get up to $200 in special member rebates when buying a union made car
- Receive an additional Buyer’s Bonus benefit worth up to $2,000 for deductible and repair expense reimbursement
Members save an average of $3,221 off MSRP! Find the best deal on your next new or used car!
Use the Union Plus Auto Buying Service, administered by TrueCar, a leading auto purchasing provider, to help you find the right new or used car or truck for you and your family.
Car Buying Service Features
- Union members and their families save an average of $3,221 off MSRP* on new cars
- Get up to $1,000 in member discounts on used cars and free CarFax Reports on most vehicles
- Get $100 rebate when you buy a new union-made car and $200 on a new union-made, EPA Green Car
- Get an upfront price online and view the TRUECar price curve to see what others really paid for the car you want and how your price compares - before ever visiting a dealer
Car buying tips
The Union Plus Auto Buying Service is available in the Unites States. This car buying service is not available in Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands.
Who is eligible?
- Dues-paying labor union members of participating unions
- Retired union members
- Spouse, domestic partner and children of union members
- Widows/widowers of union members
- Union Plus credit cardholders
We realize that sometimes you may need help with a concern about using a Union Plus program. The Union Plus Member Advocacy Program, staffed by OPEIU Local 2 members, is here to help you resolve any problems. Contact us at 1-800-472-2005 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET, weekdays) or online at UnionPlus.org/Customer.
How the program works
This program connects union members and their families with certified dealers who offer upfront, online pricing and Guaranteed Savings as well as show what others paid for the same car so you have the confidence that you’re getting a great deal.
- Select the new or used vehicle and options you want.
- View your upfront pricing information and/or estimated savings off MSRP*,
- Compare the upfront pricing information to what others are paying for the car you want on the TRUECar Price Curve.
- Enter your contact information to view up to 3 local dealers and lock in your Savings Certificate (There is no cost to use the program and no obligation to buy. You will not be contacted until you request a Savings Certificate).
- View your Certified Dealers and visit the Certified Dealer Representative with your Savings Certificate for a hassle-free car buying experience.
If you purchase a new, qualifying union-assembled vehicle, you will receive a check for $100 within 6 to 8 weeks after purchase. You will receive a $200 rebate if you purchase a qualifying new, union-made EPA Green Car. (The rebate checks come from Union Plus and not from the dealer). Union Plus receives a monthly report on the sales activity from the program provider to verify that a rebate check should be sent to a member who purchased a qualifying vehicle. This process is automatic, there are no forms to complete. Keep a copy of your Union Plus Auto Buying referral email that can assist in researching your purchase if you think you qualified for a rebate but did not receive a check.
*Between 4/1/14 and 6/30/14, the average estimated savings off MSRP presented by TrueCar Certified Dealers to users of TrueCar powered websites, based on users who configured virtual vehicles and subsequently purchased a new vehicle of the same make and model listed on the certificate from Certified Dealers, was $3,221, including applicable vehicle specific manufacturer incentives. Your actual savings may vary based on multiple factors including the vehicle you select, region, dealer, and applicable vehicle specific manufacturer incentives which are subject to change. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") is determined by the manufacturer, and may not reflect the price at which vehicles are generally sold in the dealer's trade area as not all vehicles are sold at MSRP. Each dealer sets its own pricing.
**Guaranteed Savings currently not available in all states. In these states, a "Target Price" is presented, which reflects a market-based example of what you can reasonably expect to pay for a vehicle configured with your desired options.