Strike Grant for Personal Loan-holders
$500 payment to Union Plus Personal Loan-holders who've been on union-sanctioned strike or lockout and meet the requirements below.
- You must be a Union Plus Personal Loan-holder in good standing.
- You must have been a Union Plus Personal Loan-holder for at least six (6) consecutive months.
- You must complete the required application and demonstrate that you, have been unemployed due to a union-sanctioned strike or lockout for a minimum of 14 consecutive days within the 24 month period prior to the date that you submit an application for a Strike Grant — and that the strike loss occurred at least six (6) months after you became a Union Plus Personal Loan-holder
- You must provide documentation of the date the unemployment commenced due to a union-sanctioned strike or lockout, and proof that the duration of the strike or lockout was at least 14 consecutive days.
How to Apply
- Collect and copy the required documentation:
- Letter from your local union acknowledging a union-sanctioned strike or a lockout lasting 14 days or more within the last 24 months.
- Complete the online application form.
- Print your confirmation email and sign anywhere on the page that includes your application information.
- We encourage you to email in your application and documents if you are able to email@example.com or you may also fax them to our secure fax line at 866-481-5568.
However, if you are unable to use either of those means of getting your application to us, please mail all required documentation to:
Union Plus Strike Grant
1100 First St. NE, Suite 850
Washington, DC 20002
Please note: Due to the current staffing conditions caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, applications mailed to our office may see a significant delay in processing time. For this reason, we strongly encourage the digital submission of paperwork.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for application processing. You will be notified by mail when your application has been approved or denied.
- If approved for the grant, payment will be made by check and mailed directly to you.
- Please do not send originals. Documents will not be returned to you.
- All documents should be copied onto 8.5" x 11" paper.
- Only copy/print one side of paper.
- Please do not use staples or fasteners.
Please note: Failure to comply with these instructions will result in significantly delayed processing time.
Grants valued at $600 or more may be considered taxable income by the Internal Revenue Service. Therefore, a Form 1099-MISC tax reporting form, which will require your social security number, will be issued to each recipient of grants valued at $600 or more. If the required documentation you submitted does not contain this information, we will contact you to complete a W-9 form. Please keep your eye on your email inbox for this important request.