Free College for Union Members and Their Families
The Union Plus Free College Benefit, brought to you in partnership with AFSCME, can help you (and your family members) afford a college education without piling on thousands of dollars in student debt.
What is The Union Plus Free College Benefit?
Under an academic partnership with Eastern Gateway Community College, the Union Plus Free College Benefit offers grants — known as "last dollar scholarships" — that fill the gap between any federal, state and employer education grants for tuition, fees, and e-books for certain online programs at Eastern Gateway.
Free College is possible thanks to the early support and enthusiasm of AFSCME, who entered into a collaboration with Eastern Gateway Community College in 2016. Since 2016, thousands of students have taken advantage of millions of dollars in Free College scholarships.
Earn an Associate Degree — completely online, for FREE! Even if you don’t qualify for student financial aid, the Union Plus Free College Benefit will be applied to your balance for tuition, fees and e-books.
Eastern Gateway Community College
Eastern Gateway Community College is a fully accredited, non-profit public institution that is part of the University System of Ohio. Students can enroll in the distance learning program from anywhere in the U.S. The program offers seven associate degrees and two certificate programs. Credits can be transferred to a four-year college.
- Associate of Arts
- Business Management — with Optional Concentrations in: Labor Studies; Entrepreneurship; Health Care Management; Human Resources; Information Technology; Marketing or Finance
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Individualized Study
- Professional Office Management
- Business Management – with an optional concentration in Accounting
- Patient Navigator
Classes Begin Every 8 Weeks
- Classes are online so they fit into your schedule
- Attend full-time or take as little as one class per term
- Credits can transfer to other schools
- Advising and tutoring is available to support students