Instant Benefits New Union Members Appreciate Using Right Away
There are many benefits of being part of a union. Here are a few benefits to help union leaders add even more value to union membership for new members.
Union Plus Health Savings
These health savings programs can bring immediate benefits to your members:
A FREE discount vision plan with $50 eye exams, 35% off frames, and more instant savings available immediately with the special discount card from Union Plus.
For even greater savings members can access one of three vision insurance plans with savings on eye exams, eye wear and contacts and more. Plans start at just $5 per month.
A FREE prescription discount card providing savings of up to 65% on brand and generic drugs. Savings available at nearly 59,000 pharmacies nationwide with special discount card from Union Plus. You can order a supply of cards to include in your new member kits or download the flyer below.
Savings of 20-50% on most dental procedures including routine oral exams, unlimited cleanings and major work such as dentures, root canals and crowns. Benefits available immediately upon signup. Plans start at just $7.95/month or $79.95/year.
A FREE Hearing Plan that provides union members with discounts on hearing exams and hearing aids.
- Savings on chiropractic, diabetes and podiatry care through the Dental Discount Advantage Plan. Discounts available immediately.
Why is this information important to you as a Union Leader?
Showing immediate benefit to new and prospective members is a quick win that’s easy and impactful.
Locals have used the cards to support members in any number of ways:
- New apprenticeship members can have access immediately to health care benefits while in their eligibility period for plan benefits and it covers their whole family.
- Seasonal trades’ members can use the card during times when they might otherwise be using their hour bank or are laid off prior to future employment building their benefit pool resources.
- Local unions in right-to-work states have offered the cards as a means to assist in their organizing efforts by providing access to healthcare benefits immediately to new enrollees in the union.
- High deductible health plans – these programs can help with out-of-pocket costs, especially for health plans that require members to reach a large deductible before insurance starts paying.
Use these programs to make your meetings with new and prospective members more productive and easy. Put these savings cards in your member’s hands that can provide them with immediate savings on their out-of-pocket health care expenses.
Stay Union Strong and help your members and their families realize meaningful savings on day one!