Did you know that 70% of Americans do not have a will, the most basic estate planning document you need to protect your assets and your family?1 MetLife Legal Plans gives you the option to complete estate planning documents online in as little as 15 minutes!
Most of us know we need important estate planning documents like wills, advance directives and powers of attorney, but finding the time to complete these documents can be a challenge.
With MetLife Legal Plans' new digital estate planning solution, it's easy for you to complete estate planning documents. This allows you to designate your wishes for healthcare, as well as protect your family and assets quickly and easily from the comfort of your home.
Use the digital estate planning solution to create:
- Last Will and Testament – Leave property to loved ones and choose guardians for minor children.
- Advance Directive – Plan for a medical emergency and select medical care preferences.
- Durable Financial Power of Attorney – Choose someone to manage finances in case of an emergency.
How does it work?
MetLife's digital estate planning solution is available to all enrolled legal plan members at members.legalplans.com. You will need to create an account here using the email and password of your choice to use the digital estate planning solution.
To get started:
- Once you’ve created an account and logged in, choose “Wills and Estates” from the main menu, and then click on “Estate Plan Bundle” from the coverage page.
- Answer a few questions to find out if the digital estate planning option is right for you. If it is, click on “Do it Online” to continue.
- Begin creating your documents by providing some information about yourself, your family and your healthcare wishes.
- Review the documents to ensure your wishes are correctly stated.
- Print the documents and review the instructions for notarization. You can find a notary at most banks or UPS stores.
The process is designed to work for most people, but if there are aspects of your estate that are more complicated, you might be directed to reach out to one of MetLife's network attorneys instead of using the online process.
Save on quality legal assistance.Enroll now
1CARAVAN survey conducted by ENGINE on behalf of MetLife Legal Plans, January 2020.
Group legal plans are provided by MetLife Legal Plans, Inc., Cleveland, OH. In certain states, group legal plans are provided through insurance coverage underwritten by Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Warwick, RI. Please contact MetLife Legal Plans for complete details.