Union Plus offers help to those impacted by Hurricane Idalia in Florida and Georgia. You may qualify for a disaster relief grant.
If you are a union member who participates in certain Union Plus programs and has been affected by Hurricane Idalia in Florida or Georgia you may be eligible for financial assistance through the Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant Program.1
Union Plus Disaster Relief Grants of $500 are available to eligible participants of any of the following programs:
- Union Plus Credit Card Program2
- Union Plus Mortgage Program
- Union Plus Personal Loan Program
- Union Plus Life Insurance
- Union Plus Accidental Death Insurance
- Union Plus Auto Insurance
- Union Plus Retiree Health Program
Plus, grant eligibility has recently been expanded, so eligible applicants can receive up to three grants per lifetime, but no more than one Disaster Relief Grant per year.
To qualify for a Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant:
- Your primary residence must be located in a county or parish affected by a natural disaster listed in the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Disaster Declaration offering “Individual Assistance”. To check if your county has been designated as an area eligible for individual assistance, visit FEMA's disaster declaration page.
- You must have a Union Plus Credit Card or Teamster Privilege Credit Card for at least three months1, Union Plus Mortgage, Union Plus Life or Accidental Death Insurance, Union Plus Retiree Healthcare or Union Plus Auto Insurance policy for at least 12 months, or Union Plus Personal Loan for at least six months with the account or policy in good standing (be up to date on payments).
- Contact Union Plus to initiate a claim for a grant within 24 months of the incident date.
If you participate in the Union Plus Credit Card Program and want to apply for a disaster relief grant, call 1-800-622-2580.
If you participate in any other of the designated programs and want to apply for a disaster relief grant, call 1-800-472-2005.
The Union Plus Disaster Relief Fund has provided nearly $1 million in assistance to union members facing hardships following hurricanes, flooding, and other natural disasters. Head to the Union Plus Disaster Relief Page to learn more about the benefits and eligibility requirements.
1Certain restrictions, limitations and qualifications apply to these grants. Additional information and eligibility criteria can be obtained at https://www.unionplus.org/hardship-help/disaster-relief-grants.
2Terms and conditions apply. The Union Plus Credit Cards are issued by Capital One, N.A. pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
These hardship assistance grants are provided and administered through the AFL-CIO Mutual Benefit Plan (“The Plan”). Certain administrative responsibilities for the Plan have been delegated to Union Privilege. Union Privilege is the non-profit organization established to create and oversee member benefit programs for working families. Grants may not be offered in every state.
The Union Plus Credit Cards and Teamster Privilege Credit Cards are issued by Capital One, N.A. pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.