Resources for Members Impacted by Government Shutdown
If you are a union member who participates in certain Union Plus programs and have been impacted by the 2019 Federal Government shutdown, you may be eligible for financial assistance through the Union Plus Furlough Grant Program.1
$300 Furlough Grant
For eligible Union Plus Credit Cardholders2 who are furloughed or excepted due to the federal government shutdown.
- Must be a Union Plus Credit Cardholder for at least 3 months and in good standing on the date the federal shutdown began.
- Apply for a one-time grant at unionplus.org/hardship.
Capital One's customer assistance program offers a number of options that could help customers whose income is disrupted as a result of the federal government shutdown and can help provide personalized assistance to those in need. For help, cardholders should contact: 1-800-622-2580.
Union Plus Mortgage
Mortgage Assistance Loan & $300 Grant
For eligible Union Plus mortgage holders who are out of work or asked to work without pay due to an involuntary furlough that lasts for at least 15 consecutive calendar days.
- Must be a Union Plus Mortgage holder for at least 12 months and in good standing at time of the qualifying event.
- Your income must be reduced by an amount equal to at least 50% of the monthly mortgage payment.
- Interest-free loan to cover up to 6 months of mortgage payments and a $300 grant paid directly to the member.
- Apply for grant at unionplus.org/hardship.
Wells Fargo is offering assistance on case-by-case basis. Members may qualify for forbearance or other payment assistance programs based on their individual circumstances.
For help, members should contact: 1-888-818-9147 Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Central Time, Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Central Time.
Money Management International
- Money Management International offers a FREE consumer credit counseling session, budget analysis, and money management advice to members. Call 1-877-833-1745.
- Watch this recorded webinar: "When the Income Decreases but the Bills Don’t: Financial Help During and After Furlough."
- Discuss a 4-step process to assist in managing finances during and after a furlough includes tips for working with creditors and creating a priority-based spending plan.
Union Plus Personal Loan
First National Bank of Omaha is offering assistance on a case-by-case basis: members may qualify for fee waivers based on their individual circumstances. For help, members should contact 1-888-283-5228 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Central Time.
Union Plus Auto Insurance
For those not receiving a paycheck from the federal government as a result of the current shutdown, MetLife Auto & Home may grant a one-time, 30-day grace period on your payment of premium on a MetLife Auto & Home policy. Members must request this one-time allowance by calling 1-800-GET-MET8. Certain restrictions apply and premium remains due after delay expires.
Union Plus Life and Accident Insurance
The Hartford will offer qualified policyholders a payment grace period. For additional information, call 1-800-393-0864.
1Certain restrictions, limitations and qualifications apply to these grants. Additional information and eligibility criteria can be obtained at https://www.unionplus.org/hardship-help/hardship-help-financial-assistance.
2The Union Plus Credit Cards are issued by Capital One, N.A. pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated.