Consumer Reports Best Buy Drugs
FREE Guidance for Consumers on Prescription Medicines
A public education project of Consumers Union, the publisher of Consumer Reports, Best Buy Drugs will help you talk to your doctor about prescription drugs, and find the most effective and safe drugs that also give you the best value for your health care dollar.
What does Best Buy Drugs provide?
- Analysis that compares and contrasts prescription drugs by category -- that is, drugs in the same class that are used to treat a specific condition or illness such as high blood pressure, heartburn or depression.
- Gives consumers and their doctors information to help guide their prescription drug choices, based on effectiveness, the drug's track record, safety and price.
- Expert medical review of the scientific evidence on prescription drugs
- The Best Buy picks for each drug category
- Reports that can be downloaded to print out and discuss with your doctor
- Advice on getting the best price, managing multiple medicines, generic drugs, and Rx Drug Assistance programs
Find reports by drug category:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Angina, High Blood Pressure - Calcium Channel Blockers
- High Blood Pressure, Heart Failure - the ACE Inhibitors
- Heart Disease and High Blood Pressure - Beta Blockers
- Prostate Enlargement
- Treating Type 2 Diabetes - Oral Diabetes Drugs
- Menopause - Hormones
- Sleeping Pills for Insomnia
- Treating Chronic Pain - The Opioids
- Treating Bipolar Disorder, Nerve Pain and Fibromyalgia - the Anticonvulsants
- Treating Heart Disease, Heart Attack and Stroke - Antiplatelets
- High Cholesterol, Heart Disease - the Statins
- Drugs for Heartburn, Acid Reflux Disease - the PPIs
- Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Overactive Bladder
- Asthma and Lung Disease - Inhaled Steroids
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Headache - the Triptans
- Allergies, Hay Fever and Hives - Antihistamines
- Osteoarthritis, Pain - the NSAIDs