Disaster Relief Grants
Helping Members when a Natural Disaster Strikes
Union Plus Disaster Relief Grants
As part of the Union Plus assistance programs designed to assist union members, the Disaster Relief Grant is able to help those who are facing financial hardship due to a natural disaster. The Disaster Relief Grant is $500 and does not have to be repaid.
Additional Assistance May Be Available
Disaster victims who participate in the Union Plus Auto Insurance and Mortgage programs may be eligible to receive payment extensions or other special help from the program providers. Assistance plans vary by program provider.
How it Works
To Apply for Union Plus Disaster Relief Grants:
- Union Plus Credit Cardholders should call 800-622-2580 to speak directly with a specially trained representative. Representatives in the United States handle all customer service calls to the Union Plus Credit Card Program.
- Union Plus Mortgage and Union Plus Life, Accident and Auto Insurance holders should call 800-472-2005 to speak to a Union Plus staff member.
Grants valued at $600 or more may be considered taxable income by the Internal Revenue Service. Therefore, a Form 1099-MISC tax reporting form will be issued to each recipient of grants valued at $600 or more.
To be considered for a Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant, the union member must:
- Have a Union Plus Credit Card for at least three months, Union Plus Mortgage, Union Plus Life or Accidental Death Insurance, Union Plus Personal Loan recipient or Union Plus Auto Insurance policy for at least 12 months with the account or policy in good standing (be up-to-date on payments).
- Have experienced a significant income or property loss within the past six (6) months, as a result of a FEMA declared natural disaster or emergency in counties or parishes designated by FEMA as qualifying for individual assistance.
- Have not received a disaster relief grant in the past, as these grants are once-per-lifetime.
FEMA Individual Assistance
Not all FEMA disaster declarations include individual assistance. To check if your county or parish has been designated as an area eligible for individual assistance money, visit FEMA’s disaster declarations page.
- Union Plus Credit Cardholders, call 800-622-2580.
- Union Plus Mortgage and Union Plus Life, Accident and Auto Insurance holders, call 800-472-2005.
*Union Plus Credit Cards are issued by Capital One, N.A. pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Incorporated.