Pet Insurance with Discounts for Union Families
Current policy holders click below for claims information.
Call 1-866-473-7387Current Claims
Union Plus Pet Insurance
The Union Plus Pet Insurance Program is not accepting new policies at this time. Check back in December 2016 for information on the new provider.
- Unlike some competitors, Union Plus Pet Insurance covers the diagnosis (e.g. lab tests, x-rays, etc.) AND the treatment for BOTH accidents and illnesses.
- Fast pet insurance claims turn-around - typically within 7-10 business days. You can even submit your insurance claim through email at Claims@UnionPlusPets.com.
- Pre-existing conditions: Coverage may be available for previously treated conditions. Medical records indicating your pet has been symptom-free for a minimum of 12 months would be required to determine coverage availability.
- Coverage up to your policy limits no matter when you need it.
- Shorter waiting period (only 14 days or less) to use coverage after enrollment.
The Union Plus Pet Insurance Program is available in all U.S. states. The program is not available in Quebec, Canada; Guam; Puerto Rico; and Virgin Islands. Canadian members (outside Quebec) should call 1-866-473-7387 for quotes (no online quotes).
Who is eligible?
- Dues-paying labor union members of participating unions
- Retired labor union members
- Spouse, domestic partner and children of union members
- Widows/widowers of union members
- Union Plus credit cardholders
We realize that sometimes you may need help with a concern about using a Union Plus program. The Union Plus Member Advocacy Program, staffed by OPEIU Local 2 members, is here to help you resolve any problems. Contact us at 1-800-472-2005 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET, weekdays) or online at UnionPlus.org/Customer.