Union Plus Job Loss Grant Can Help If You're Laid Off
$300 payment to Union Plus Personal Loan-holders who have been laid off and meet the requirements below.
- You must be a Union Plus Personal Loan-holder in good standing at the time the job loss occurred.
- You must complete the required application and provide documentation that you have been continuously unemployed due to an involuntary job loss or layoff (other than a strike or lockout) for at least 90 consecutive days within the 12-month period prior to the date you submit an application.
Please note: Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, layoffs and involuntary job losses that occur between March 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020 are subject to the same requirements with the exception that, during this period of time, the consecutive day requirement is reduced from 90 days to 45 days.
- The job loss must have occurred at least six (6) months after you became a Union Plus Personal Loan-holder.
- You may only receive one Job Loss Grant for any one Union Plus Personal Loan account.
How to Apply
- Collect and copy the required documentation:
- Proof of the date of your job loss, showing it occurred within the last twelve months prior to your date of application.
- Proof that shows at least 90 days of continuous unemployment, but not more than 1 year.
- Complete the online application form.
- Print your confirmation email and sign anywhere on the page that includes your application information.
- We encourage you to email in your application and documents if you are able to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may also fax them to our secure fax line at 866-481-5568.
However, if you are unable to use either of those means of getting your application to us, please mail all required documentation to:
Union Plus Job Loss Grant
1100 First St. NE, Suite 850
Washington, DC 20002
Please note: Due to the current staffing conditions caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, applications mailed to our office may see a significant delay in processing time. For this reason, we strongly encourage the digital submission of paperwork.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for application processing. You will be notified by mail when your application has been approved or denied.
- If approved for the grant, payment will be made by check and mailed directly to you.
- Please do not send originals. Documents will not be returned to you.
- All documents should be copied onto 8.5" x 11" paper.
- Only copy/print one side of paper.
- Please do not use staples or fasteners.
Please note: Failure to comply with these instructions will result in significantly delayed processing time.
Grants valued at $600 or more may be considered taxable income by the Internal Revenue Service. Therefore, a Form 1099-MISC tax reporting form, which will require your social security number, will be issued to each recipient of grants valued at $600 or more. If the required documentation you submitted does not contain this information, we will contact you to complete a W-9 form. Please keep your eye on your email inbox for this important request.