Assistance for California storms victims
Union members who participate in certain Union Plus programs and have been affected by severe storms in California may be eligible for financial assistance.
If you are a union member who participates in certain Union Plus programs and has been affected by severe storms in California, you may be eligible for financial assistance through the Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant program.1
Union Plus Disaster Relief Grants of $500 are available to eligible participants of any one of the following programs:
- Union Plus Credit Card Program2
- Union Plus Mortgage Program
- Union Plus Personal Loan Program
- Union Plus Life Insurance
- Union Plus Accidental Death Insurance
- Union Plus Auto Insurance
- Union Plus Retiree Health Program
Plus, grant eligibility has recently been expanded, so eligible applicants can receive up to three grants per lifetime.
To qualify for a Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant:
- Your residence must be in a county qualifying for individual assistance money from FEMA. To check if your county has been designated as an area eligible for individual assistance, visit FEMA’s disaster declarations page.
- You must have a Union Plus Credit Card or Teamster Privilege Credit Card for at least three months1, Union Plus Mortgage, Union Plus Life or Accidental Death Insurance, Union Plus Retiree Healthcare or Union Plus Auto Insurance policy for at least 12 months, or Union Plus Personal Loan for at least six months with that account or policy in good standing (be up to date on payments).
If you participate in the Union Plus Credit Card Program and want to apply for a disaster relief grant, call 1-800-622-2580.
If you participate in any other of the designated programs and want to apply for a disaster relief grant, call 1-800-472-2005.
The Union Plus Disaster Relief Fund has provided nearly $1 million in assistance to union members facing hardships following hurricanes, flooding, and other natural disasters. Head to the Union Plus Disaster Relief Page to learn more about the benefits and eligibility requirements.
Disaster Relief Grants
If you’ve been impacted by a natural disaster, you may be eligible to receive a $500 disaster relief grant that doesn't have to be repaid.Get help now
1Certain restrictions, limitations and qualifications apply to these grants. Additional information and eligibility criteria can be obtained at https://www.unionplus.org/hardship-help/disaster-relief-grants.
2Terms and conditions apply. The Union Plus Credit Cards are issued by Capital One, N.A. pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.