The downloadable college dorm essentials checklist from eCampus
In these last few weeks of summer, the last thing most students are worried about is packing and buying things for their new dorm room or apartment.
With some planning and initiative, as well as some bargain hunting, moving into a new dorm can be a fun and exciting experience.
It gives many students a chance to express themselves in an entirely new way.
Whether it's the comforter with pizzazz, multi-colored storage bins, or your favorite bands' poster on the wall, what you buy can make your new place truly your own. Hand-me-downs from your older brother or sister are usually the cheapest way to furnish your new space, but for those unique things that truly make it personalized you may have to spend a little money.
Let us help you avoid the daze that looms over college freshman with a checklist that includes EVERYTHING that you will need this upcoming year. Attached is a printable checklist that you can use as a guide for this back-to-school season. Here is a highlight of just a few key items on the list:
1. Stackable Foot Lockers - Spice up any dorm with fun, stackable footlockers. They are perfect for stacking away your everyday t-shirts and jeans, or tossing all your shoes into.
2. Duvet Sets - Need a hint for college bedding? Buy a down comforter and duvet cover for easy to was bedding. Washing a comforter is a pain, but with a down comforter you can just take off the duvet cover, throw it in the wash, and put it back on.
3. Date Organized Calendar - These calendars are perfect because they keep you organized with your busy school schedule, but you can also be creative because they are usually dry-erase. Turn a boring class calendar into a creative, colorful board.
4. iPod Dock - Here is an instant way to meet friends around the dorm! Prop open the door and turn on some jams with an iPod dock to invite in some people from your residence hall.
5. The Mini Stapler - This item has become one of my top must-haves in college the past few years. A mini stapler can sit on your desk in your dorm, or travels around easily in your bag. This item is great to have on those mornings that a paper is due and you totally forgot to staple the pages together. It is a great way to meet people in class, because there is bound to be a person needing to borrow!
After you get all of your dorm essentials and desk supplies, don't forget to rent your books at eCampus.com. To help union families save on the high cost of education, Union Plus is providing a discount to union members on the purchase of textbooks with eCampus.com.
Want save on dorm essentials? Union families can save on everything from AT&T wireless, Dell & HP computers, car rentals, Budget Truck rentals and movie tickets with Union Plus. Check UnionPlus.org/Education for all your Union Plus savings.