Union Plus Student Debt Reducer Grant
Apply for a Student Debt Reducer Grant*Apply Now
- Helping eligible union members with more than $10,000 in student loan debt.
- With student loan debt now surpassing $1 trillion—Union Plus is offering one-time $500 grant to assist eligible union members with the high cost of their student loans.
- Eligible Union Plus program participants can apply for a grant of $500 to help pay down their student loans.
Apply Now! Almost all grant funds have already been awarded—apply now or miss your chance to reduce your debt!
*Certain restrictions, limitations, and qualifications apply to these grants. Additional information and eligibility criteria can be obtained at UnionPlus.org/Education.
Helping union members with student loan debt
- Current or retired members of unions that offer Union Plus benefits.
- Union Plus Credit Card cardholder, Union Plus Mortgage holder or Union Plus Life or AD&D Insurance policyholder - for at least 6 months (account must be in good standing at the time of application). Note: for AD&D Insurance, you must be a paid policyholder, no-cost AD&D policyholders are not eligible.
- At least $10,000 in outstanding federal or private student loan debt. Must be applicant's own debt from their own schooling (not co-signed debt for another person's schooling).
- Graduate of a U.S. accredited college or university with a degree.
- Union membership information - national union name, local union number or name.
- Student loan information - details of your current outstanding student loans; copies of student loan statements with dollar balance amount, name and address of college debt servicing company, student loan account number.
- College information - school, graduation and degree details.
- Essay of about 350 words addressing: Tell us how this award will help you. (See full details in online application.)
For complete details see the Student Debt Reducer Grant application.
If you meet the requirements, you'll receive a grant—if grant funds are still available.
**Student Debt Reducer Grants are only available until all available Grant funds have been awarded.**
Grant payment details:
- Grants are paid directly to the college debt servicing company.
- Grant application processing takes approximately 8 - 10 weeks.
- After processing applicants are notified by mail.
- If approved, grants can take up to 2 months to be credited to the student loan account.
- Lifetime limit: one $500 grant.