Bankruptcy Counseling Fee Waiver
Free Pre-filing Bankruptcy Counseling
Union Members – Get Free Bankruptcy Filing Counseling
If you're filing for bankruptcy, free pre-filing bankruptcy counseling is required under the bankruptcy code.
With this benefit, the $50 filing fee is waived for union members.
- You must be a union member or union retiree.
- You must meet with a certified counselor from the Union Plus Credit Counseling Program through Money Management International (MMI).
How it Works
Getting the Fee Waiver
Simply call the bankruptcy line for Union Plus Credit Counseling at 866-279-7197 (available 24/7) to set up an appointment.
Free bankruptcy counseling filing fee waiver is currently available in the United States, but not available in Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands, and Canada.
Who is Eligible?
- Dues-paying labor union members of participating unions
- Retired labor union members
- Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Union Plus Bankruptcy Counseling Fee Waiver is available through the non-profit, Money Management International (MMI).