Save My Home Hotline

Stop in a Local Office or Call 866-490-5361 if You Are Facing Mortgage Payment Problems

Speak with a HUD-Certified Housing Counselor

Union Plus Save My Home Hotline — provided through the non-profit Money Management International (MMI) — is accredited to provide counseling for union members facing foreclosure.

Counseling offered is confidential and free. MMI is the nation's largest and most trusted full-service nonprofit credit counseling agency.  

If you are a homeowner worried  that the next change in your adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) will put payments out of reach or facing financial trouble that may make you fall behind on your mortgage payments, the Union Plus Save My Home Hotline may be able to help.

You can arrange a confidential, free consultation with expert housing counselors who can provide advice, help you find answers and develop an action plan to get your financial house in order. 

Contact Information

Don't wait until it's too late — call 866-490-5361, any time day or night or visit one of the 100+ local offices in 22 states and the District of Columbia for face-to-face counseling.  

If you have a Union Plus Mortgage, you may also be eligible for additional assistance

How it Works

Fully-trained, HUD-certified counselors will discuss your individual situation and offer advice and guidance that is personalized for your situation. 

Save My Home Hotline housing counselors can:

  • Provide a free budget and spending analysis to assess your current financial situation.
  • Explain how best to work with your lender and understand all of the options available to help you retain your home and prevent foreclosure.
  • Protect you from future credit problems before you get too far behind on mortgage payments.
  • Provide a written plan of action you can follow.
  • Offer referrals to other resources, including credit and bankruptcy counseling, if appropriate.
Who is Eligible?
  • All dues-paying labor union members
  • Retired union members
  • Spouse, domestic partners, and children (age 18+) may be included
  • Widows/widowers of union members
Frequently Asked Questions
  • I already am behind on my mortgage payments. Can the Hotline help me?
    Yes. The hotline's HUD-certified counselors can help you establish a budget, set priorities and explain all the available strategies to stop foreclosure and help you keep your home. Landlords and lenders often are willing to be flexible about repayment of late or missing payments.

    If you simply cannot make your payments, your counselor can provide advice for working with the lender. Your lender may be able to restructure your loan to a fixed rate, for example, or allow you to make smaller payments for a limited period of time (those payments will be added to the loan balance, though.) If necessary, your counselor will make referrals to other resources or alternatives such as a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure (where you essentially turn the home back over to the lender). You'll leave the session with a plan outlining actions you need to take.
  • Will the counselors work directly with my lender?
    No. Unlike with credit counseling, the Save My Home Hotline counselors are unable to work directly with your lender. However, they will create an action plan to help you address your housing concerns. After the session, you should be better prepared to work with your lender. And, you may call the Hotline to speak with a counselor as many times as you need to make sure all of your questions and concerns are answered.
  • What type of information should I have ready to discuss with a counselor?
    Your counseling session will consist of a review of your circumstances, including income, expenses, debts and mortgage terms. You should have the account numbers, billing addresses, current payments and balances for all creditors you owe, as well as any information from your mortgage lender, including payment amount and time delinquent (if applicable).

The Union Plus Save My Home Hotline is provided through the non-profit Money Management International (MMI).