Home Energy Service Rebate
The Union Plus Home Energy Service Rebate Difference:
- $50 one-time rebate when you use your Union Plus Credit Card with a unionized HVAC contractor
- Support union workers from Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers (SMART)
Maintain your home heating and air conditioning system with a union expert and save with a $50 one-time rebate
To help you maintain your home's heating, ventilating and air condition (HVAC) system, make it more efficient and lower your energy costs, Union Plus is offering a $50 one-time rebate to union members who use their Union Plus Credit Card to purchase an annual heating and cooling system maintenance agreement with a union HVAC contractor. A typical service contract costs about $150 to $200 a year and includes service twice a year in the spring and fall.
Benefits of annual maintenance contract include:
- Savings on heating and cooling costs
- Improved energy efficiency
- Helps prevent repairs, which are more likely to be needed during the first hot or cold days of the season
- Adds years to the equipment life of your HVAC system
3 Steps to Redeem Your Rebate
1. Find a union heating and cooling contractor (represented by SMART). Contractors may not be available in all areas. Search the HVAC Expertise Web site for a contractor near you.
2. Purchase an annual HVAC maintenance agreement from a union heating and cooling contractor and pay for it with your Union Plus Credit Card.
3. Send the following materials to Union Privilege, Union Heating and Cooling Maintenance Rebate, 1100 1st Street NE, Suite 850, Washington DC 20002:
- Completed Rebate Application
- Copy of receipt or invoice showing purchase of annual HVAC maintenance contract from a union contractor
- Copy of Union Plus Credit Card billing statement showing HVAC maintenance contract purchase
Choose Union Contractors
Members of the Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers (SMART) are the experts in servicing heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Buying union pays off in energy savings and better quality work.
Union contractors are members of the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors' National Association (SMACNA), an international association of union contractors with more than 150 local chapters in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Some 147,000 SMART members perform work in industrial, commercial, institutional and residential markets. They specialize in heating, ventilating and air conditioning architectural sheet metal; industrial sheet metal; kitchen equipment; specialty stainless steel work; manufacturing; siding and decking; testing and balancing; service; and energy management and maintenance.
To keep your home heating and cooling system operating efficiently and cost effectively follow these 4 steps:
- Change air filters monthly. Dirty filters cause more wear and tear on your system, increase your energy bill and lessen indoor air quality.
- Clear away weeds and debris from outside air-conditioning or heat pump units as that air can circulate freely around the unit.
- If you need to buy a new furnace or air conditioner, make sure to purchase a unit bearing the ENERGY STAR logo. ENERGY STAR products meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the EPA and US Department of Energy.
- Hire a professional heating and air-conditioning contractor to inspect and tune-up your home's heating and cooling systems prior to the season of use (air conditioning in the Spring, and heating in the Fall).
The Union Plus Union Heating and Cooling Maintenance Rebate is only available to union members or retired union members who purchase an annual maintenance agreement from a union contractor with their Union Plus Credit Card.
Who is eligible?
- Union Plus Credit Cardholders who are dues-paying union members or retired union members
We realize that sometimes you may need help with a concern about using a Union Plus program. The Union Plus Member Advocacy Program, staffed by OPEIU Local 2 members, is here to help you resolve any problems. Contact us at 1-800-472-2005 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET, weekdays) or online at UnionPlus.org/Customer.