Discount Home Heating Oil
The Union Plus Home Heating Oil Difference:
**NOTE: The Union Plus Heating Oil Discounts program will be ending on October 31, 2016**
- Annual average savings of $200 to $300
- First-year membership is reduced from $35 to $25 for participants who also receive a $50 certificate for free heating oil.
- Largest dealer network of any home heating oil cooperative
- No long-term contract; you may discontinue the service at any time.
- Free or discounted service contract is available with membership, covering 24-hour emergency service and annual cleaning and tune-up.
- If there is no HEAT USA participating dealer in your area, they will still try to find a better deal on heating oil for you.
- Also check Union Plus Propane Discounts to save an average of $300 to $400 annually
Home Heating Oil Discounts
This Union Plus discount is sure to warm union members' hearts. Through our program provider, HEAT USA, the Union Plus Home Heating Oil Discount means you'll receive a free or discounted service contract from a highly-rated local full-service company. Plus you'll save an average of $200-$300 annually - or 15-25 cents per gallon on fuel oil purchases.
Who benefits? Union members who heat their homes with oil and live in Boston (MA) area, Connecticut, Maryland, southern New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island or northern Virginia.
Sign up for the program today, and get a $100 rebate for the purchase of new, energy-efficient home heating equipment like boilers or burner units.
Start saving on your home heating oil
Phone: Call 1-888-432-8872
Once you join, you'll be matched with the preferred supplier in your area. Then you'll contact your dealer directly to begin your discounted fuel oil delivery and service.
Not ready to join yet? Request an information packet on the HEAT USA site or by calling 1-888-432-8872.
Heating oil discount features
The home heating oil discount includes:
- Save an average of $200-$300 annually - or 15-25 cents per gallon on full-service fuel oil purchases.
- Certificate for $50 of free heating oil.
- $10 off the first year's membership fee. Union members pay only $15, instead of the regular $25 annual home heating oil membership fee.
- Free or discounted service contract on the home heating system, including 24-hour emergency service, extensive parts and labor coverage and annual system cleaning and tune-up.
Special feature: When you use this home heating oil discount, HEAT USA will make a contribution to the Union Plus Scholarship Fund.
You'll also appreciate the program's:
- Satisfaction guarantee or full refund of membership fee
- Convenient automatic delivery
- Credit terms and budget billing options so you can spread your payments over time
- Shopping service for new equipment
- Weekly email newsletter
- Conserve and save: Keep your thermostat at 68 degrees Fahrenheit. When no one is home, lower it to 55 degrees and 60 degrees when you're in bed. For each degree you lower your thermostat, you will cut your fuel consumption by 2-3%.
- Check your water heater temperature. A setting of 110 degrees is fine if you don't have a dishwasher, otherwise 140 degrees is about right.
- Before each year's first cold snap, get an annual inspection of your heating system and perform any related maintenance.
- Residential Heating Oil Prices: What Consumers Should Know
- For hundreds of energy-saving tips, visit the Department of Energy (DOE) site or the Alliance to Save Energy
- The Heat Zone, a blog about heating oil news and information
What is HEAT USA?
HEAT USA is the largest heating oil buying group in the country with over 50,000 oil-heated households and 200 heating oil suppliers in the network. HEAT uses its buying power to negotiate discounts on heating oil and service for its members.
How long has HEAT been in business?
HEAT was founded in 1985 in New York City. We are currently in our 24th year of operation and have more than 50,000 members in 9 Northeastern states.
How much does it cost to join HEAT?
Regular membership in HEAT is $35 per year. If you are a member of one of our affiliated groups or unions you are likely to be eligible for a discount on your membership fee.
Who would my oil company be as a member of HEAT?
If you fill in the registration form on our website you will be told who the preferred HEAT supplier is in your area. If you're not happy with that selection you can call HEAT toll-free and request an alternative supplier.
Who will perform my deliveries and service?
Your oil deliveries and service will be performed by your HEAT supplier. You will receive your oil bills from them and you will pay them directly. If you have a problem with your heating system you will also contact them directly.
Is there any impact on the quality of oil or service?
No. In fact most members report that their quality of service is higher as a member of HEAT than it was with their previous supplier.
How does HEAT save me money?
HEAT negotiates your discount directly with your local HEAT affiliated heating oil supplier. In exchange for a large volume of business, these dealers significantly reduce their normal profit margins. You can expect to save between 15 and 25 cents per gallon on your heating oil.
In addition to your oil savings, you will also receive a free or discounted comprehensive service contract that includes extensive parts and labor coverage for your heating system. The contract also provides for 24-hour emergency service and an annual cleaning and tune-up of your heating system. The savings from your service contract alone can amount to hundreds of dollars per year.
Why should I join HEAT when I can get a local dealer to sell me heating oil COD for less money?
A HEAT contracted dealer includes a service contract that is worth between $200-$300 per year that is not supplied by a COD dealer. Additionally, with HEAT you don't have to pay for fuel upfront and can even establish a budget plan to help you manage household accounts. The HEAT dealer will also come to your house if you need an emergency fill up at any time and in any weather, while the COD dealer may not.
HEAT dealers are all licensed, have liability and spill insurance, and workers compensation. Since heating oil is not regulated, a COD dealer may not have these protections.
The Union Plus Home Heating Oil Discount Program is available in CT, MA, MD, southern NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, northern VA.
Who is eligible?
- Dues-paying labor union members of participating unions
- Retired union members
- Spouse, domestic partner and children of union members
- Widows/widowers of union member
- Union Plus credit cardholders
- Call the Union Plus Home Heating Oil program provider, HEAT USA, customer service at 1-888-432-8872 or complete the contact form on the HEAT USA site.
- HEAT USA customers can also register on the HEAT USA site; see benefits of registering here.
- Already registered? Log in to the HEAT USA site here.
We realize that sometimes you may need help with a concern about using a Union Plus program. The Union Plus Member Advocacy Program, staffed by OPEIU Local 2 members, is here to help you resolve any problems. Contact us at 1-800-472-2005 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET, weekdays) or online at UnionPlus.org/Customer.