Union Plus Hardship Assistance
$1,600 - $2,700 payment to Union Plus Credit Cardholders or Teamster Privilege Credit Cardholders who within the past 12 months have been unemployed for at least 90 days and lost 25% or more of their monthly income, due to an illness or disability and meet the requirements below.
If you qualify, you will be paid a Disability Grant in the amount of 60% of the demonstrated average monthly disability income loss, up to a maximum grant of $2,700. The minimum grant amount is $1,600. All grants will be rounded to the nearest $100.
- You must be a Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Cardholder in good standing.
- You must have been a Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Cardholder for at least three (3) consecutive months.
- You must complete the required application below and provide documentation that you, a joint-owner, or authorized user of your Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Card account:
- Has been unemployed for at least 90 consecutive days within the 12-month period prior to the date that you submit an application for a Disability Grant
- Has, within the 12 months prior to your application for a Disability Grant, lost 25% or more of your monthly income for a minimum of 90 consecutive days (the "disability income loss") and
- That the illness or disability that caused the period of unemployment occurred at least 3 months after you became a Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Cardholder.
- You must provide proof of the disability income loss for the period of illness or disability, proof of the date of illness or disability, and proof of income before and after the date of illness or disability.
- You may only receive one Disability Grant for any one Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Card account. If you have multiple Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Card accounts, you can only receive one Disability Grant for any unique illness or disability event.
How to Apply
- Collect and copy the required documentation:
- Pay stubs showing income for two full pay periods prior to date of disability (or W-2 form from last year)
- Proof of disability such as evidence of disability income, physician's statements or work status reports
- Proof of disability income you are receiving now; or documentation that you are on leave without pay
- Complete the online application form.
- Print your confirmation email, sign and mail all required documentation to:
ATTN: Union Plus Disability Grants
1100 1st Street, NE, Suite 850
Washington, DC 20002
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for application processing. You will be notified by mail when your application has been approved or denied.
- If approved for the grant, payment will be made by check and mailed directly to you.
Grants valued at $600 or more may be considered taxable income by the Internal Revenue Service. Therefore, a Form 1099-MISC tax reporting form will be issued to each recipient of grants valued at $600 or more.
- Please do not send originals. Documents will not be returned to you.
- All documents should be copied onto 8.5" x 11" paper.
- Only copy/print one side of paper.
- Please do not use staples or fasteners.
- Please remove or "black out" all references to Social Security and credit card numbers.
- If you choose, you may also scan and email your documents to email@example.com or fax them to our secure fax line at 866-481-5568. However, please be sure to include the application with the documentation. Cellphone photos of documents are discouraged.