Union Plus Hardship Assistance
$300 payment to Union Plus Credit Cardholders or Teamster Privilege Credit Cardholders who've been on union-sanctioned strike or lockout and meet the requirements below.
- You must be a Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Cardholder in good standing.
- You must have been a Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Cardholder for at least three (3) consecutive months.
- You must complete the required application and demonstrate that you, the joint-owner, or authorized user of your Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Card account have been unemployed due to a union-sanctioned strike or lockout for a minimum of 30 consecutive days within the 12 month period prior to the date that you submit an application for a Strike Grant — and that the strike loss occurred at least three (3) months after you became a Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Cardholder.
- You must provide documentation of the date the unemployment commenced due to a union-sanctioned strike or lockout, and proof that the duration of the strike or lockout was at least 30 consecutive days.
- You may only receive one Strike Grant for any one Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Card account. If you have multiple Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Card accounts, you can only receive one Strike Grant for any unique union-sanctioned strike or lockout.
How to Apply
- Collect the following:
- Letter from your local union acknowledging a union-sanctioned strike or a lockout lasting 30 days or more within the last 12 months.
- Complete the online application form.
- Print your confirmation email, sign and mail all required documentation to:
Union Plus Strike Grant
1100 First St. NE, Suite 850
Washington, DC 20002
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for application processing. You will be notified by mail when your application has been approved or denied.
- If approved for the grant, payment will be made by check and mailed directly to you.
If you have additional questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.