What is Union Plus?
What is Union Plus? Who is eligible for Union Plus? How do I sign up? We answer these questions and others in this informative post.
What is Union Plus?
Union Plus is a non-profit and we're the ONLY consumer benefits organization created and endorsed by the AFL-CIO.
Here at Union Plus, our mission is to improve the quality of life for union members and their families, provide valuable benefits and services that strengthen the ties of union members to their unions and contribute funding to the labor movement.
We’re Union and We Stand by Union
- We’re committed to supporting U.S.-based and union workers, right down to using union printers and union-made products in our offices.
- Our staff are members of Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), Local 2 in Washington, DC.
- Our volunteer board of directors is made up of top union leaders from more than 60 international unions and chaired by AFL-CIO president, Richard L Trumka.
- We contribute funding to the labor movement and support important union activities whenever we can.
What Do We Do?
We’ve negotiated with some of the biggest names and brands to get union members like you the benefits you deserve and the protection working union members need — such as hardship help, strike grants and disability benefits. We pass along the exclusive benefits we’ve negotiated on behalf of union members and their families directly to you.
We believe that our country’s middle class was built by union-strong members like you, so we diligently research every benefit and tailor them to support you and other union members.
We partner with your union to deliver these benefits to you. So, for instance, we provide communication materials to your union so they can distribute it on your union website, emails, membership meetings, new member welcome kits, etc. If your union leaders need anything from us, tell them to visit unionplus.org/leaders.
We’re working hard, to make life a little easier for you.
- These benefits and programs are FREE to union members and their families. There’s no membership —if you’re a current or retired union member or a family member — you’re in. No Union Plus membership. No Fees. No Waiting Period. No Hassle.
- Don't have access to a union job? Consider joining Working America for free.
What We DON’T Do
We don't manage or use any union membership dues to finance our budget or benefits. Period.
We also don't manage any union pension funds or health care funds. Typically, your union negotiates wages, health care and pensions directly with your employer.
How to Get Your Union Plus Benefits
Getting started couldn’t be easier. Simply create a profile on our site, and start using your benefits and discounts today!